Hello, as a beginner ,im happy to find a Tasm message board ,too ;) my problem is that i need to set a binary registry key. like : test 01 i get a sample for Masm and like to convert it to Tasm. (i dont know the differents first ,like call and invoke) can anyone help me on this or give me a tip how to set a binary key in Tasm ? Thanks a lot ;) cu
Posted on 2001-01-24 05:13:00 by WH¥
Hi WhY...long time no see ;) Send me the MASM example i will try to convert it to TASM or at least show you how to do it ....if its too much work ;)
Posted on 2001-06-11 18:34:00 by BogdanOntanu
Why, ...as far as the CALLs vs INVOKEs go... 'invoke' is like a masm32 shorcut for a call. How it works is like this. In tasm you push all the params on the stack before a call. In masm32 you can do the same....or you can use invoke. Like 'invoke RegQueryValue,addr lpSubKey,addr lpValue, addr lpcbValue' would be in tasm as: push offset lpSubKey push offset lpValue push offset lpcbValue call RegQueryValue Of course I'm a win32asm newbie, but this is how I've converted masm examples to tasm and vice versa. Actually I think I've got the parameters reversed. If beers so bad for you, how come it tastes so damnn good? Anyways, that's the diff b/w a tasm call and a masm32 invoke.
Posted on 2001-06-11 22:19:00 by 4oh4
only partial right in TASM 5.0 you can also: Call,RegQueryValue,addr lpSubKey,addr lpValue, addr lpcbValue exactly as with "invoke" you only have to change the word "invoke" with "Call" this is named "Extended Call syntax" in TASM and its implemented deep inside the assembler not as a macro ;) also the explicit form (i belive better for begginers to understand the process first) push param 1 .... push param n call API_function (with param n, 1 in reverse order compared to C/C++ call in books) works in all assemblers (noted NASM also) Bogdan
Posted on 2001-06-12 23:35:00 by BogdanOntanu
...interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a tasm example use that extended call syntax. But I guess that's why I'm a 'code warrior' and you're a 'guru' eh? ;)
Posted on 2001-06-13 14:12:00 by 4oh4
Yeah maybe...but i remember i have seen some TASM examples using this syntax somewhere on the web ...just cant remember where ;) Besides i also have the original TASM books ;)
Posted on 2001-06-13 21:18:00 by BogdanOntanu
You can get something like "extended call syntax" in MASM by writing your own IRP macro. The macro I use can't do type-checking, although it can distinguish between registers and memory. Ask if interested in details.
Posted on 2001-06-13 22:50:00 by Larry Hammick
WHY, Check your 'message board used for testing'. Nok.
Posted on 2001-06-14 20:21:00 by Nokturnal