i create win app application with mdi, everything worked etc, but when i added msctl_statusbar32 window i noticed that status bar window didnt get messages right, but mdi worked. i had my wndproc like this stuff wndproc(stuff){ switch(msg){ wm_create: here i init mdi break; ..stuff.. } return DefFrameProc(stuff). } with this mdi works but statusbar not quite well(doesnt get resized) but when i changed last part of wndproc like this stuff wndproc(stuff){ switch(msg){ wm_create: here i init mdi break; ..stuff.. default: return DefFrameProc(stuff) } return 0; } this way statusbar works and resizes as it should, but mdi client is created too...but its size is 0,0,0,0; so it doesnt show any mdi child window...if i put then in wndproc wm_size and calculate mdi client size then it shows... any help? i know this is C but concept is same in asm thank you
Posted on 2001-01-06 10:51:00 by Geckoid
Your problem is related to the size of the MDI client window. It assumes that it should cover the whole client window of its parent. Incidentally, it also covers your status bar. Thus in WM_SIZE handler of your parent window proc, you must resize the MDI client window to allow for the presence of the status bar.
Posted on 2001-01-06 19:48:00 by Iczelion