I am using the tab Tutor found on this site, I seem to can't gain access to any of the buttons in any of the tabs. can anyone tell me why this is? Thanks.
Posted on 2001-01-06 17:36:00 by CodeDemon
Hi CodeDemon, If you are using the TabTutorial from that site (TabTutorial.zip), you must notice that there are just a static control in tab1, and a button control in the tab2. The button has no fonction, it just shows you how to put a button in a tab. Vom-bonjour:-()
Posted on 2001-01-06 18:52:00 by Vom-bonjour:-()
maybe I should make this more clear I have added more buttons to the tabs and I can't gain access to them or to any edit Box's I have added to them, I made them in a resource file I try to access them like I would any dialog menu I have made in a RC file. anyone know why? Thanks.
Posted on 2001-01-06 19:05:00 by CodeDemon
You may misunderstand the working of the tab control. If you put controls, eg, edit control ON it, they are not associated with ANY tab. Say, if you put 10 controls on the tab control, ALL of them would be shown at the same time if you don't take steps to separate them into pages *programmatically*. The approach I use is to create a dialog box without border/caption for each tab and put the controls pertaining to each tab on the dialog box. I hide ALL those dialog boxes and show only the dialog box associated with the currently selected tab.
Posted on 2001-01-06 19:57:00 by Iczelion