Are there any way to connect and then disconnect the floppy drive, which is disconnected in BIOS settings? Possibly, without starting any programs from floppy drive.
Posted on 2001-02-06 14:15:00 by nartecks
If you have access to the i/o ports...yes it is you have to read the I8272 FDC controller data sheets...*or the NEC similar one) simple outs in the right sequence and pooled check for return data should work on today PC's (this way you can avoid ints :) ) (it worked on old Z80 with tricks, i tried once on a 386 and it worked fine) However the sequence of outs is not trivial...(neither very complicated)
Posted on 2001-02-06 16:46:00 by BogdanOntanu
PS this way you can read and write data to the Floppy...but you have to do it manually....no int13 etc....so i guess is not a "reconect" is more like a "bypass" it may be easyer to foul try an foul the bios to reconect the floppy...this is not possible everytime (without restart) and heavely depends on BIOS... In/Out to data ports works every time...but is much harder...and Win2k will not let you do it... a vxd is required on win2k.
Posted on 2001-02-06 16:51:00 by BogdanOntanu