As a beginner I ask you to fill this gap in assembly tutorials, that is dealing with arithematic operations under win32. I may code it right but fail to retrieve the result, for example in edittext or in a messagebox, if its size is more than dword. Also opcodes for floating point is in nowhere explained. There are good tutorials for arithmatic operations designed for 16 bit, but I failed to apply them to a win32 programs. What makes me ask for this is the respect I found in this site plus the cooperation and efficacy between its visitors. Thanks all for the answers I found in this page to many of questions by others and me,Special thanks to the great ECZELION.
Posted on 2001-02-10 17:48:00 by a.nada
I'm no leader in assembly but I think I can help you work with floating point. First go to Art of Assembly and read the chapters regarding Integer and Real Arithmetic. Then goto Ron's site and download his Floating point conversion source codes. They'll allow you to read results, then simply display them with a messagebox or use one of Iczelion's (Notice "I" not "E") early tutorials, for example the mouse tutorial to display the result. All the links can be found in Iczelions links section.
Posted on 2001-02-10 18:34:00 by Zadkiel
I dont want to convolute this thought but on Ernie's web page he has made a convenient set of Debuging Macros for console output (in a separate dos window in real time). I didnt realize this was as simple to do as choosing buildc.bat over build.bat. The reason I am suggestin this is because it simply outputs in text what ever your looking for (hex/decmal comments etc.) and can simplify your asm code to basicaly the math, as well at run time you wont have to keep hitting the 'OK' box to move on.. This might be an advantage or maybe not but its worth the look in my oppinion. NaN
Posted on 2001-02-10 23:35:00 by NaN
Much thanks Zadkiel and Nan. Thanks also to Iczelion.
Posted on 2001-02-11 17:37:00 by a.nada