I'm trying to create tooltips in an RTF above certain pieces of text, much like VS does. I've managed to get the text displaying (in a console window on the side) correctly, and whenever it is supposed to, but the tooltip .... I looked at the tooltip control for ages, and maybe i'm missing something obvious, but it seems to me like there's no way of amking one display, with certain text, without having the mouse involved at all. Does anyone have any idea on how to go about doing this ? Would it maybe be beter to breate my own class/window that emulates a tooltip ? any ideas welcome :) Entro-P
Posted on 2001-02-14 01:10:00 by Entro-P
send TIM_RELAYEVENT to the tooltop. With it, fill MSG structure and you can emulate the mouse events. To the tooltip control, the mouse action has actually taken place.
Posted on 2001-02-14 01:41:00 by Iczelion
hmm, i did try that didn't seem to work, maybe my code is just messy, guess i'll have to go have another look at tut #27 again. thanks icz
Posted on 2001-02-14 02:10:00 by Entro-P
:( I just can't get this damn thing working doesn't anyone have some example source where you explicitly say _exactly_ where you want it displayed ? what's the actual value of TTM_POP ? for such a tiny control, it sure is giving me a huge headache
Posted on 2001-02-14 03:17:00 by Entro-P
why don't you just make a form and draw the tooltip text on it and show the little form when needed? That way you have ultimate control over the progress
Posted on 2001-02-14 04:23:00 by Hiroshimator