I have an example written for the next service pack for MASM32 but as there seems to be a lot of interest in editors at the moment, I have posted it at URL, www.pbq.com.au/home/hutch/tricks/richedit.zip It is developed to the stage where it can be customised to the individual's requirements, will build as either richedit 1 or richedit 2/3. It is aimed at being a base for anyone who wishes to build their own coding editor with their own choice of features and functionality. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-02-15 19:16:00 by hutch--
Under Win2K with the EXE in the zip: When I try to open a file using the open menu item, RichEdit crashes the App. This doesn't happen if I use the folder icon to open a file. Take care, bitRAKE. p.s. I just had to use that icon - nothing personal. Kind of looks like he's shaking his middle finger :P
Posted on 2001-02-15 23:00:00 by bitRAKE
bitRAKE, Thanks for the feedback, I know win2k is not properly compatible with normal win32. This example was developed on win95b to keep it as compatible as possible but it appears that win2k is messing something up. Interesting result though, the code to call the open dialog box is the same code, the toolbar button for "Open" just has a jump to the same code that the menu item uses. Let me know if you track it down. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-02-16 01:14:00 by hutch--
Thanks for the feedback, I know win2k is not properly compatible with normal win32. This example was developed on win95b to keep it as compatible as possible but it appears that win2k is messing something up.
Sorry hutch, I must disagree. You got it backwards: it's win9x that is not a "normal" implementation of win32 API. Win2k/NT implements the full and original set of win32 API thus it's the gold standard. win9x came out later and borrowed a sizable subset of win32 api, in the process, mangled it up to make it more palatable to the home users. I have many examples that win2k/NT plays according to the rules laid out in win32 api ref while win9x "cheats".:P
Posted on 2001-02-16 06:44:00 by Iczelion