does any 1 can help me , i want to build a program that do "fish eye effect" on picture and i dont know how to do the "fish eye" i need some source code of it , so if some 1 wants to help me please email thanks eko
Posted on 2001-02-18 08:49:00 by eko
would you please explain what exactly that "fish eye" effect is?
Posted on 2001-02-18 09:57:00 by [SaFc0n]
Do you mean the fishbowl effect, which is the effect when you look at an object inside a fishbowl. It look all distorted, in a manner quite difficult to explain in mere words.
Posted on 2001-02-19 07:33:00 by mega
I dont know exactly how to explane it there effect like that in photoshop called pitcher or something about that , and there is in the screen savers of windows 98 screen saver called "science" that it is doing the effects i'm talking about .
Posted on 2001-02-19 07:35:00 by eko
I've never coded the effect, but cerainly describing it is a first step to coming up with an algorithm :) Let me give my view of the effect: It's usually done in a circle. Within this circle the colors on the screen are warped. This warping gives the impression of looking through a lens. The colors in the center aren't effected so much, but the ones on the edge are blurred around the circumference. This bluring is related to the distance from the center - the further away the greater the blurring. I think that there is a small amount of blurring between concentric circles in the best versions of the effect. The 'Timeless' demo by Tran has this effect! Timeless indeed. Source code was there at one time long ago :) bitRAKE.
Posted on 2001-02-19 07:58:00 by bitRAKE
can you give me the source for that ?
Posted on 2001-02-19 08:23:00 by eko
The usual way this effect is done, is the same way the "magnify glass" effect is done. you build a 2d array ( for example 256x256 ) and move it accross the screen. and then inside this array, using sinus you put in _co-ordinates_ of the screen offsets. for example a coordinate of (0,0) would mean you draw the pixel directly under the current position of your array on the screen, or a coordinate of (-1,0) would mean look on the screen one pixel to the left of where that part of the array is on the screen. hmmm, i'm finding this hard to explain maybe i should start remaking a lot of the "classic" FX in straight win32 and post them somewhere, cos this same question i've exmplained at least 6 times so far hehe hope you can figure out from my ugly explaination, i'll see if i can put together a quick source tonight, i'm @ work atm :/ hope it helps anyway ..
Posted on 2001-02-19 09:53:00 by Entro-P
Here are some links to Tran's Timeless Demo (a personal favorite) - it's in the Hornet Archive: AU DE JP NL PL PT PT2 SE US :) bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-02-19 15:28:00 by bitRAKE
if any 1 knows how to do that please i have to get the algorithm for that or source code for an expamle
Posted on 2001-02-20 11:50:00 by eko
The algorithm is in the source to Timeless (links above). bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-02-20 18:42:00 by bitRAKE
hi ..... i didnt find the algorithm of the fish eye effect in the source u gave me , if any one can give me algorithm or soure for it ???
Posted on 2001-02-22 09:25:00 by eko
The effect is usually called the "lens" effect. C source code (which is much more readable than whatever ugly implementation most programmers end up with) is readily available from many places - do a proper search on altavista or google. "+lens +effect" might be suitable.
Posted on 2001-02-22 09:56:00 by f0dder
Thanks ;]
Posted on 2001-02-23 09:44:00 by eko