interrest. I suppose that games'objects are one of those, but,
if i guess well, i suppose you do not do it this way, for simplicity
and speed means... and because you are not a so nasty boy. :D

Question1:

After having read one of your last post about TASM OOP, i think
that may be you could tell me where i could find a document explaining
how TASM OOP manages (or incitates to manage) the Memory for the OOP
Tables? I have read the Nan thingy for MiASM: He manages the Memory
by the Win Mem Api functions along creations and destructions (!!!...).
Is the same way recommanded in TASM OOP? (the last TASM manual i have
is dated 1988...).

I ask this because it seems to me to be the only important point
when implementing OOP in Asm. All the other OOP toys can be done
in any Assembler by simple Macros sets, and the only difficulty
(in my opinion, and if i have not missed anything...), is to digest
the demential vocabulary in use in this "Computer-Science-Teacher" :D
programming convention.

Question 2:

Another point that i do not understand with TASM OOP is why and what
the Assembler *does* instead of letting the programmer write his
own Macros couple. For example, is there any difference, for TASM,
between an OOP structure and a usual STRUCT?

There is a document around there talking of OOP in TASM, but, it
does not introduce these 2 important points. I don't know where i
got it from. The title of it is -Chapter 14 - Programming with Objects -
I suppose that this document is wrong because, as it explains the
things, the TASM OOP tables would be static,... and so forth, the
interrest in TASM OOP equal to zero... and even less justified as
an internal implementation inside an Assembler.

Sorry for the lengthy post, Betov.
Posted on 2002-01-03 12:06:13 by Betov

There is a document around there talking of OOP in TASM, but, it does not introduce these 2 important points. I don't know where i got it from. The title of it is -Chapter 14 - Programming with Objects - I suppose that this document is wrong because, as it explains the things, the TASM OOP tables would be static,...

Betov, this is the Same Chapter and Title as my book (Mastering Turbo Assembler by Tom Swan. Page #584 ~ if you have a PDF of it). And Agreed, theses are the things i noticed about TASM's implementations.

As for our model, i realize it is not perfect (the heap API's are an issues im thinking about streamlining if i can ~ pointed out a long time ago). However, I do want to say im not a Com Sci person, but disiplined in Electrical Engineering so there will be draw backs from lack of formal experience (heh! At this time last year, i was still learning how to make a Dialog box, seriously!!). But for us (Thomas and I), it is a project that has merit and could serve to better the MASM community.

That said, i do want to attest that it was no "simple" matter keeping the entire thing workig together. The code may look simple once its written but getting there took alot of colaborative e-mailing to work out the bumps. Expecially seeing Thomas didnt know OOP before he started, but alot of credit goes to him for keeping it as simple as it is now ~ all the while writing totaly unique code without borrowing from anyone.

I realize im sounding defensive, and may be uncalled for a bit (i also realize your not accusing us of anything :) ) However, I would like to ask you please let us know if you you have ideas/sugestions to make it more effecient and practical. Your comment: "He manages the Memory by the Win Mem Api functions along creations and destructions (!!!...). " suggests to me that you might have a better solution in mind?

Back on topic, I too would be very intersted in the answers to your questions, if BogdanOntanu has this information...

NaN
Posted on 2002-01-03 12:58:32 by NaN
> "... serve ... the MASM community..." ??? Nan???

I am sure you don't understand what you do. But are you sure you understand what you write?

Betov.

PS. Don't care, that's just to reset the thread, in case Bodgan would have missed it.
Posted on 2002-01-04 13:25:38 by Betov
Nice...

Thanx for the help. :rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-01-05 03:22:19 by NaN
Yes Betov i have indeed missed the post, but a decent message to my email, ore a decent post here will do the same job more smoothly/nicely

I totally dislike your way of talking to NaN, even if you do not agree with his line of work, please give him the same respect each ppl deserve...

Now back on the subject:
======================
I have the TASM original manuals dated from 1995 i guess. I got them when we bought our TASM licences. I was just wondering how advanced the were back there in 1995... i also believe some macro's that can be easily ported to other assemblers will do the job better (i they are also easy to understand)

I any of you needs i can give you infos about the OOP models described in the TASM manuals, but i have no experience of using OOP with TASM, whenever i need OOP i desigm my own trim down versions that will do the job fast and easy :)
Posted on 2002-01-07 02:28:10 by BogdanOntanu