Hi, i have released a new demo version of our FULL Win32ASM RTS GAME probabily the last one before the Alpha... just finished the upload (24 Mar 2001 , 7:00 am local time) so i will be back soon with a new features list :) (after a big sleep) Meanwhile, please download (approx 15.4M zip file ) and please send comments and beta testers reports :) And bug reports :D Oh yeah, get it from: www.hostileencounter.com downloads section Also dont forget to Have Fun! Bogdan This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 3/24/2001 1:16:49 AM This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 3/24/2001 1:17:54 AM
Posted on 2001-03-24 00:12:00 by BogdanOntanu
hi, i checked the site and the download page, of course. i was about to download the demo but my download program says your server does not support download resume. that's too bad because my connection here is very erratic and i get disconnected every 40 minutes or so. one more thing, would you really realease the source code for the game? i saw an inactive link in the page's left frame. what made you people so generous? you make me feel like bowing down before you.
Posted on 2001-03-24 03:41:00 by pixelwise
HI I checked the download resume using "ReGet" it resumend a stoped download just fine :) it looks that there is a resume option after all... :) I will also try to break the large file into multiple small ones...for the ppl haveing problems downloading, but that was too much work for the last night. BTW, anybody knows any free program that can break a zip into multiple (2M sized) parts? We are NOT decided to release the whole game code yet, maybe just some parts, actually my DirectPlay demo/example from Iczelion's site is a part from our early network test code.(buggy :D) As we have been inspired/helped by a lot of free code/programs available around the net, (this message board and Iczelion's site also) .... We feel like also haveing a duty to help other ppl doing their own games and stuff. This attitude does not include a full source code release yet, but maybe some usefull parts that can be used to make your own games :) or save you when the hard times come :D But You will sure have to fill in the large gaps :) This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 3/24/2001 1:02:21 PM This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 3/24/2001 1:06:20 PM
Posted on 2001-03-24 11:52:00 by BogdanOntanu