i don't know how all this stuff is called on english versions of windows, but i'll try anyway: let's say you have an internet provider, then you'll intall the number and all the settings in your network (??) folder, right? then you just have to doubleclick on the thingy that is in the network folder, and then click on connect, right? how to connect through this thingy that is already in your "network" folder to the internet without showing that dialog with the connect button? and how to disconnect again? I'm not sure, but it hasn't a lot to do with winsock programming, has it? isn't it just a ShellExecute call or something? i'm looking forward to hear from you. bye
Posted on 2001-03-25 03:17:00 by [SaFc0n]
No, this doesn't have to do with WinSock programming. It's got to do with the RAS API - Remote Access Service. Look up the RasDial function in MSDN. It's what you want, but it's a pretty complicated API as you'll see. By the way, the English name for that folder is Dial-Up Networking (DUN). See ya!
Posted on 2001-03-25 06:38:00 by Qweerdy
i tried that RasDial stuff but i always get some errors. has someone got a code snippet?
Posted on 2001-03-31 08:37:00 by [SaFc0n]