ok i know a very tiny bit of C++ and Visual Basic so here it goes. Under visual basic I know when I need to implement input and output i #include . could someone point me to some code i can look at that implements this same kinda thing but into and asm program? i familiar with the resource.h include and how to include that into my program but i would like to try other .h files that i can use to play around with someone of there build in functions. thank ya for your time smurf
Posted on 2001-03-27 13:25:00 by smurf
Well, it's C that wants the #include , but anyway... There are very few function library like this for assembler. Perhaps the best, and one you probably already have is the MASM32 lib. You include it with these two lines:

include    \masm32\include\masm32.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\masm32.lib
There are quite a few useful functions in there, though by no means as many as in the C libs. But it's a start. To use the lib, look for the helpfile in \masm32\help To use the vast array of API methods, well, you better have a good "find in files" method in some program, or be a good guesser. Most of the API methods ARE defined, but finding the correct .inc and .lib may be a problem. I'll search (find in files) the masm32 include directory to find the prototype, then include both that .inc and the corrosponding lib (same as above) in my code. MSDN also identifies WHICH file a methos is in. If it says say "user32.h," use user32.inc and user32.lib. --------------------- "Now, son, you donít want to drink beer. Thatís for daddys, and kids with fake I.D.s."
Posted on 2001-03-27 14:36:00 by Ernie