Hi is there a api function to get the default browser ? like getusername... i try to read it from the registry ,but from win version to nt its different and i like to safe space while coding. are there any opera or other exotic brwoser users here ,who like to see in the registry how the browser is called and located ? thx
Posted on 2001-03-29 04:01:00 by EASYCODE
EASYCODE, There isn't a specific call to find it out, the way it works is through "File Association", in the registry you'll find a confusing array of entries designed to do this, so to determine the default browser you'd have to look up the entries for ".htm" or ".html" then find which program is used to open them when double clicked. There's an article here on how this is done manually, and through a program. If you can understand C there is a sample program too. This example shows how you register your own program, but you should be able to figure out how to look another one up from this document. If you get stuck post here, and I'll explain it in more detail. Umbongo This message was edited by umbongo, on 3/29/2001 7:15:23 AM
Posted on 2001-03-29 06:14:00 by umbongo
Hi thx for the quick answer. so i have to use the registry way :( that means i must search people who use NT,win2k ,so they can told me where the regkey is. your not possible a user of win2k or nt ? i check the link,possible the keys are in the source :-) thx
Posted on 2001-03-29 07:42:00 by EASYCODE
The document does describe the keys in Windows NT, all program register themselves in the same way, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with any of 95/98/NT/2K - it should work with all of them. umbongo
Posted on 2001-03-29 08:00:00 by umbongo