hi, i often notice that many poeple don't even look at questions that are posted if there is at least one reply. they think the question is already answered and don't think about the fact that the 'replier' just asked a second question to be able to answer it correctly. so, how about a status of a question like: 'everything's clear', and 'still some problems'. of course, there has to be a button that preferably only the creater of the post can press to like 'close' the post. it's just a thought, feel free to post your opinions.
Posted on 2001-04-10 12:39:00 by [SaFc0n]
Hey Safcon, i think thats a great idea, i just don't know what you meant with closing the thread, how are others supposed to check it out than ? Greetings from Germany Typhoon
Posted on 2001-04-10 20:10:00 by Typhoon
Hi Typhoon, I think I know what SaFc0n wants to tell us. He wants the thread initiator to be able to press a button when he thinks his questions is answered and then the post gets modified to another status. That would be visible for the user by maybe another sign in the status column. Instead of the normal folder sign, the burning one for those messages with 10+ posts or the locked one (This thread was closed by: Hiroshimator) the thread could get a folder with a

/
\/
or a thumb up or something similar. I agree to SaFc0n as this would be a cool idea and would make it easier for those browsing every thread trying to help. The Thread Okay does not necessarily need to imply that you cannot open the thread anymore for reading. :) Stefan
Posted on 2001-04-11 16:45:00 by Stefan Krause
I c, yeah that's a great idea, I was just a little confused with closing that thread, but know everything's clear. And by the way, I'm for that thumb up ! :) Regards Typhoon
Posted on 2001-04-11 19:33:00 by Typhoon
yes it's a nice idea :)
Posted on 2001-04-12 00:32:00 by Hiroshimator
There are a number of reasons why question do not get answers, a person looking at the question may not know the answer, the question may take an enormous amount of work to answer with little expectation that the answer will be understood and often the questions will be so badly formulated that it cannot be answered. I see the formula of a "Satisfied" button as one that will leave the forum full of unanswered questions. The other problem is that if people use this forum with the expectation that someone has an obligation to respond to them, people who try and answer questions will drop off. There is little point being "pushy" when the obligation will always rest with the person asking the question, not with those who try and answer them. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-04-12 22:23:00 by hutch--