Hey fellows, i just finished my first "real" win32 application... So i was wondering if you could may be check it out and tell me bugs,where i can save resources/size and may be get more speed out of it. Get it from http://www.win32asmcoderz.cjb.net under downloads the progi allows you tto put a bitmap of your choice on the startbutton, has a few controls and a "on start" feature...so the bitmap stays on the button permanently Read the readme.txt Thanks Typhoon
Posted on 2001-04-17 14:26:00 by Typhoon
I think I've found something =) It's nothing serious, not really a bug but it'd be a nice feature =) When you "preview" a bmp you see it in the center of the button but when you apply it to the real startbutton it's aligned to the left. Maybe some combobox to choose from? =) //Phrekie
Posted on 2001-04-17 17:35:00 by Phrekie
Good job!! Im actually quiet impressed with it, I doubt i will find practical use for it, but it certainly is an impressive 'first' program. It beats "Hello world", hands down, i give it 12/10 for creativity... (not like i know anything to be judging anyways.. hehehe) :P NaN
Posted on 2001-04-17 18:00:00 by NaN
thanks guys, and Phrekie i'll change that align problem yet, what did you mean with that combobox--->to align the bitmap ? NAN, i actually made that program up in my mind and thought well i don't know all the stuff i'll need in it but it's a good way to learn it, so i started coding it, and probably spent more time in my api reference than i spent coding. :) It's quite surprising to here a comment like yours about my "first" progi, and than from an experienced coder like you, thanks to you... Regards Olli This message was edited by Typhoon, on 4/17/2001 7:35:56 PM
Posted on 2001-04-17 18:17:00 by Typhoon
Hey dont be fooled, I feel im getting it pretty fast and am pretty confident about what i can do.. but my experience with win32asm (Actually coding) started roughly Jan 1, 2001... So like you, i spend most of my time nosing around in the API as well... I did however have previous ASM experience, C= 64!!! Oh yeah, the glory days... where you programmed in OP-Codes (ack!). Anywho, thanx for the complement, and still, good work on your "progi" :D NaN
Posted on 2001-04-17 21:20:00 by NaN
I haven't been able to download it. "Member page isn't found" it was. Could you send it to me via email? The Svin.
Posted on 2001-04-18 08:17:00 by The Svin
You got it in your mailbox boss Olli
Posted on 2001-04-18 16:14:00 by Typhoon
.ENDIF xor eax,eax ;!!!!!!!!!!! ret DlgProc endp end start
Posted on 2001-04-18 16:41:00 by The Svin