I'm working on a custom edit control for a project, and i can't seem to get it to scroll correctly. for some reason, it doesn't respond to SB_LINEDOWN in a WM_VSCROLL message, but it responds to SB_LINEUP. any one know what's wrong? here's a snippet if it helps

.elseif uMsg==WM_VSCROLL
		mov edx, wParam

.if dx==SB_LINEDOWN	
			invoke ScrollWindowEx, hWnd, 0, -3, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL

.elseif dx==SB_LINEUP
			invoke ScrollWindowEx, hWnd, 0, 3, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL

Posted on 2001-04-19 14:06:00 by Sloat
Well i was about to say "Im Stumped", untill i noticed somthing odd... Your parameter list is full of NULL's... and while my API ref says this is ok, there is 2 parameters that doesnt say its ok.. (well it doesnt say anthing about it at all actually ~ i assume it wants a value other than NULL).. invoke ScrollWindowEx, hWnd, 0, -3, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL invoke ScrollWindowEx, hWnd, 0, -3, NULL, (PARAM A), NULL, NULL, (PARAM B) PARAM A: lprcClip Points to the RECT structure containing the coordinates of the clipping rectangle. Only device bits within the clipping rectangle are affected. Bits scrolled from the outside of the rectangle to the inside are painted; bits scrolled from the inside of the rectangle to the outside are not painted. PARAM B: fuScroll Specifies flags that control scrolling. This parameter can be one of the following values: SW_ERASE, SW_INVALIDATE, SW_SCROLLCHILDREN. No mention of NULL in either of them. As well my Windows.inc has:
SW_SCROLLCHILDREN equ 1h SW_INVALIDATE equ 2h SW_ERASE equ 4h
And NULL its self co-responds to SW_HIDE... Didnt solve your problem.. but it think i got it cornered for you.. :) NaN
Posted on 2001-04-19 16:47:00 by NaN
bah i figured it out. i wasn't preserving edx after making a call that i didn't show in my snippet. i hate when i do dumb stuff like that
Posted on 2001-04-19 17:29:00 by Sloat