I confess that i've not studied well disk/files management. :rolleyes: This is my Q.: is possible, using API or interrupts, to read bytes from disk as in a disk editor, indicating Cyl,Head,Sect ? I need to read data from a particular Cyl,Head,Sect. If some help ... THX angelo
Posted on 2001-04-20 07:22:00 by angelo
angelo, you can, it depends on the operating system on how you go about it. Using Windows NT, you can use DeviceIOControl calls to read specific parts of the disk. For more info take a look at the SysInternals website. TIt is discussed there, look for information about writing your own disk de-fragger. umbongo
Posted on 2001-04-20 07:41:00 by umbongo
angelo, you can, it depends on the operating system on how you go about it. Using Windows NT, you can use DeviceIOControl calls to read specific parts of the disk. For more info take a look at the SysInternals website. It is discussed there, look for information about writing your own disk de-fragger. umbongo
Posted on 2001-04-20 07:41:00 by umbongo
ok, so i've no chance to do the same in Win95 ?
Posted on 2001-04-20 10:59:00 by angelo
Well, Windows 95 does come with a disk de-fragger, so it is possible. Having had a quick hunt on Google I found this article which explains it. umbongo
Posted on 2001-04-20 11:06:00 by umbongo
thanks for your interest. I've seen the article and it seems to give everithing to perform the reading. Now i'm starting to try ... :rolleyes: thx again angelo
Posted on 2001-04-20 18:28:00 by angelo