is there some settings i can change to make qeditor's build to work properly under windows 2000? lets say i have a test.asm file on my desktop and i click on it and because qeditor is associated with .asm files it opens up. when i click on build all or assemble and link it comes up with this error: masm: fatal erro a1000: cannot open file c:\documents.asm the only way qeditor will build for me is when i put my files into the masm32 template directory and open and build from there. is there a fix for this or some setttings i can change to make it build properly for me? smurf
Posted on 2001-04-30 14:47:00 by smurf
This is because the file is held in "C:\Documents and Settings\..." and MASM has not been updated to handle spaces. So when you pass "C:\a b\blah" as your file to be assembled, it reaches the space and thinks Ah reached the end of that argument, but hang on C:\a (add the .asm) C:\a.asm doesn't exits! Better report that! All your file names, and directories must conform to the old 8.3 dos standard. I do all my stuff from C:\asm\home or C:\asm\stuff for other peoples things I've downloaded. Hope that helps (or at least explain the problem)! Mirno
Posted on 2001-05-01 05:48:00 by Mirno
If you can get qeditor to pass the file path/name in quots " " then masm has no problems.
Posted on 2001-05-01 08:00:00 by MArtial_Code