I need some hints here =) I'm writing a program that will use a switch for starting the program in SW_HIDE (the program will reside in systray). I also want the path to the exe to be parsed out of the commandline, for saving it in reg. later. The problem is.. Where to start parsing and how to get the juicy parts out? =) I don't need any code because I can write that myself, just put me on the right track and I'll be ok =) //Phrekie
Posted on 2001-05-02 05:09:00 by Phrekie
OK, I hope I got what you wanted to do.... in masmlib there's a function called GetCL, decide on what you would like your switch to be (e.g. /HIDE or what) then at the start of your code do something like: invoke GetCL, 1, ADDR user_switch this would get the first parameter and would store it to user_switch. determine if user_switch=="/HIDE" (with lstrcmp, scas....) if user_switch=="/HIDE" then do your systray thingy. to get the EXE's path, just do something like invoke GetCL, 0, ADDR EXE_Path ;and the EXE's path would be (as you would've guessed :)) in EXE_Path Hope that this would be any help to you. -clip This message was edited by clip, on 5/2/2001 9:00:10 AM
Posted on 2001-05-02 08:57:00 by clip
Oh kewl =) You got it! =) That's exactly what I wanted =) Thnx for the hint =) //Phrekie
Posted on 2001-05-02 16:30:00 by Phrekie