-OT This is a post I took from the board of a game I play. It isn't assembly related, (although mabye indirectly), and you may delete it you wish (you are god!). If this is not approprate then please TELL me in addition to the removal on the message. You could make a seperate forum for OT stuff(?), but i can't think of many other uses for it. oh well. My comments in --- comment --- ------cut------- Right now, there is a petition going on on the net. (they're trying to convince some congress that videogames (and computergames) does not lead to violent behaviour) Go to the URL, and make up your mind. Sign the petition ONLY if you agree and want to. http://www.petitiononline.com/game/ now, as the serious part was said: "-It's stupid to claim that video-games affect children. If, as an example, pac-man influenced kids born around the eighties, today, we would have a bunch of youths running around in a dark room while eating pills and listening to monotonous music...." ---i was thinking about LSD and techo but naw, pacman didn't do that--- (moderators: you may delete this if you want too ---you are the moderators--- , but please, let everyone get a chance to read it. Let it stay for at least 24 hours, and I will be happy :-) --------end-cut------ Well there ya go. ...Matt, wondering if this is to far out of topic.
Posted on 2001-05-06 14:56:00 by matthew
Good point; kids sometimes do act out stuff that they like. And it could possibly get them or others hurt. But I don't think it's enough to cause them to kill anyone. At least not on purpose :mad:. Perhaps people should pay attention to the ratings on games. But I bet anybody could say a lot on the subject, I'll stop now... and talk win32asm, if anything:). Matt
Posted on 2001-05-06 16:39:00 by matthew