Im writing a keylogger, all works fine but when i push the system displays two and the keylog grabs nothing to the file. Whats happening? Thx.
Posted on 2001-05-10 13:15:00 by elmenda
An odd symptom -- sounds like ' is going to the wrong handle, i.e. to the window instead of to the log file. ' has ascii 27h and scan code 28h; is either of these numbers something special in your source? Larry
Posted on 2001-05-12 03:15:00 by Larry Hammick
Which keyboard layout are you using?
Posted on 2001-05-14 15:44:00 by Milos
Im very angry, all works ok ... but when i press the key or i tried: ... it displays Now im writing with the keylogger activated ... look at this: <- i push only one time the key but the system displays two aeiou <- :? Help!! i hook "WH_JOURNALRECORD"
Posted on 2001-05-14 16:17:00 by elmenda
Are you hooking the WM_CHAR and WM_DEADCHAR messages? From MSDN Online:
TranslateMessage generates the WM_DEADCHAR message when it processes the WM_KEYDOWN message from a dead key. Although the wParam parameter of the WM_DEADCHAR message contains the character code of the diacritic for the dead key, an application typically ignores the message. Instead, it processes the WM_CHAR message generated by the subsequent keystroke. The wParam parameter of the WM_CHAR message contains the character code of the letter with the diacritic. If the subsequent keystroke generates a character that cannot be combined with a diacritic, the system generates two WM_CHAR messages.
Posted on 2001-05-17 22:14:00 by tank