I need to do this on a macro ... any tutorial, code, idea appreciated ! :D: if sw_command == 0 sub variable1,variable2 endif Thx
Posted on 2001-05-22 11:12:00 by elmenda

yourMacro MACRO sw_command, variable1, variable2
  LOCAL XyourMacro

cmp sw_command, 0
    jne XyourMacro
    sub variable1,variable2
XyourMacro:
  ENDM
...or did you only want to generate the sub instruction when when sw_command is zero?

IF (sw_command EQ 0)
      sub variable1,variable2
    ENDIF
  ENDM
The first one seems more useful. :)
Posted on 2001-05-22 13:51:00 by bitRAKE
In the first MACRO above, variable1 or variable2 must be a register. You could make it more general with the following...

LOCAL XyourMacro

cmp  sw_command, 0
    jne  XyourMacro
    push eax
    mov  eax, variable1
    sub  variable2, eax
    pop  eax
XyourMacro:
  ENDM
...or pass it a register to trash. There are many ways to do it. :) When I use MACROs I try to not change anything not passed to them. This makes reading the code, and making changes in the future easier. For example, if EAX was destroyed in the above MACRO, how would we know that in six months? Or, what if we created our own psuedo language with MACROs? The fewer transparent changes that take place within the MACRO the better. The MACRO above still assumes that we have a stack to put four bytes on, but that's not too bad an assumption. :) MACROs are very powerful things, that can save you as much (or more) coding than sub-routines! I've got in the habit of coding MACROs like this:

yourMacro MACRO sw_command, variable1, variable2, xREG
  LOCAL XyourMacro
    cmp  sw_command, 0
    jne  XyourMacro
    mov  xREG, variable1
    sub  variable2, xREG
XyourMacro:
  ENDM
It'd be great to here ideas from others on techniques that they've developed.
Posted on 2001-05-22 14:29:00 by bitRAKE