I made a major update to AsmEdit, I added Tabs to the main Edit Contol(s), which will allow you to open up to 32 files. I had quite a time controling everthing, Font, Characterset, Projects, etc. The next step will be to add a Tree and List views for the Projects. You can find the update at: http://www20.brinkster.com/ewayne/AsmLoad.html Note! If you have already instaled AsmEdit and the date on the AsmEdit is at least 05-24-2001 you will only need to download AsmEdit. While your at it you might as well download the updated Support programs and Templates I think there is two of each. Ewayne This message was edited by Ewayne, on 6/4/2001 1:24:53 AM
Posted on 2001-06-04 00:38:00 by Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-04 11:26:00 by bitRAKE
Thanks for the feedback bitRAKE. I guess my main concern is the crash. What OS system are you using and what were you doing when it crashed? I can only test with Win9x and NT 4.0. Your right about the complexity, I've just been adding on as I go with no plan in thought. The program should have three basic parts. 1. Edit functions. 2. Project functions 3. Build functions After the program becomes stable on all platforms I'm going to streamline the code and then break the program into the three functions so it will be a lot easer to use and understand. Any suggestions are welcome, because I still don't know what I'm doing. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-04 14:20:00 by Ewayne
nice upgrade the tabs were needed it is now my editor of choice. looking forward to next upgrade. BitMam
Posted on 2001-06-04 14:28:00 by BitMan
Hi, I have been looking for a good free editor for my assembler projects and I discovered yours on your weppage. Yours is the best editor I have found so far including the ones you have to pay for. After I played with it for awhile it became fairly easy to use. I have seen on this forum about orther people writting their IDE's but your the only one producing. Plus you gave use the source. Keep up the good work. Zapper
Posted on 2001-06-04 15:15:00 by Zapper
Good Job! You mentioned it was getting outa control (the size and complexity as it grows). You should consider looking at the Class tool i built on my web-page and see if it would help you. I think it might as it will encaspulate re-usable object code for various tasks such that all you have to do is 'manage' the various behavior of your IDE. Look at my Linked List example that comes with the program. Anyways, marketing assideb :P, the IDE looks great! (good work) NaN
Posted on 2001-06-04 18:37:00 by NaN
Thanks NaN, I will look into it. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-04 18:51:00 by Ewayne
I wanted to try this IDE out I installed it and had problems getting it to compile anything I always got compile errors, I read everything followed all the directions I could find, and set everything up (All the paths ect.) I still get errors on source code that I know compile in masm and with some examples that come with asmedit, so what is happening here? can anyone tell me what I might have not done, or what I am over looking? I even copied all the inc files and libs from what came with huch's masm32 and still can't get anything to run right, so I checked each path the inc path, the lib path the bin path ect. all showed to be correct. any advice?
Posted on 2001-06-05 13:47:00 by Zcoder
I wanted to try this IDE out I installed it and had problems getting it to compile anything I always got compile errors, I read everything followed all the directions I could find, and set everything up (All the paths ect.) I still get errors on source code that I know compile in masm32 and with some examples that come with asmedit, so what is happening here? can anyone tell me what I might have not done, or what I am over looking? I even copied all the inc files and libs from what came with huch's masm32 and still can't get anything to run right, so I checked each path the inc path, the lib path the bin path ect. all showed to be correct. any advice?
Posted on 2001-06-05 13:47:00 by Zcoder
What Windows.inc are you using? I tried using Hutch's latest and I get a ton of errors also. If thats the one your using download Windows.inc 1.23 from Iczelion's Site or I could send it to you. If your using Windows.inc 1.23 then I will need more information, what type of error, etc. Let me know. Ewayne This message was edited by Ewayne, on 6/5/2001 4:01:06 PM
Posted on 2001-06-05 15:58:00 by Ewayne
I checked everywhere on all site I could find I found only windows.inc files 1.18 or 1.25 could not find 1.23 not sure where you go that one.
Posted on 2001-06-05 22:09:00 by Zcoder
I'll send you Windows.inc 1.23. I just downloaded Windows.inc 1.25 and it's the same as Hutch's service pack2 and it works ok for simple programs, but the more complex the program the more assembly errors you get, e.g. most of the shell structures and equates are missing. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-05 22:43:00 by Ewayne
I tried opening CodeGenerator but as soon as i clik on it in the menu it gives me an err saying that the codegenerator folder is corrupted. Then when i try to close the work window the whole system hangs! Also when u try to copy even small lines of text from one tab to another, even after the text has been copied the 'wait' cursor is there for a long time after that. Pls look into this as it makes the speed of the IDE look like a snail!
Posted on 2001-06-06 00:28:00 by MovingFulcrum
The program can not find the Templates Folder. Did you do a complete install, copy Hutch's .inc, .lib, .bin files and all of the other stuff? Or did you already have AsmEdit installed and just downloaded the new AsmEdit? Go into setup and make sure the paths are right especially the root path, AsmEdit and the Templates Folder should be in the root directory. I just opened 6 Tabs and copied and pasted large amounts of date between them and I didn't even see a wait cursor, I was coping 40k and 50k files. What OS are you using? Let me know how you make out, I know of about 20 people thats using the program with very few problems. The program is still in a test phase, so I'm sure there will be some bugs, I found a small bug tonight. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-06 01:36:00 by Ewayne
ok i agree with u that i had not installe it correctly. actually i dont have much time read all the doumentation of the program. i just dl it from icz's site and unzipped it. Also the thing abt the copy,paste. Well i am unable to always produce it. But it was there today also while programming. It seems that u have to work on amsedit a bit before it starts showing up. Even i tried pasting some huge text but it pasted properly. neway nothing for sure now. let me guess the pattern when it pops up and i will inform u. as for OS i have win98se running on pIII 7000 tih 128mb ram. Also a questioon from my side, do progs made for win98 work perfectly on winME and 2000?
Posted on 2001-06-06 14:26:00 by MovingFulcrum
MovingFulcrum, Download the latest AsmEdit from my Web Site at: http://www20.brinkster.com/ewayne/AsmLoad.html I'll send Izelion the latest when I'm sure most of the bugs are gone. It has many fixes made to it since I posted it on Izelion's Site, some were made to copy and paste for Win2k, plus it will have the Tab control(s) for the Edit. You asked: Also a questioon from my side, do progs made for win98 work perfectly on winME and 2000? No! Thats my bigest problem I can only test with Win9x non-SE and NT 4.0, even if the program runs ok on NT 4.0 it might not work on Win2k. I try not to release a program until I have tested it for a couple of days, but then it still might not work on someone elses platform. Ewayne This message was edited by Ewayne, on 6/6/2001 2:53:48 PM
Posted on 2001-06-06 14:51:00 by Ewayne
I've been using your pgm a lot and so far so good I'm not having the paste problem. Suggestion, why not highlite the tab if the file has changed and remove the highlite when the file is saved I noticed it works if you switch tabs or mouseover tab, but thats too late? BitMan
Posted on 2001-06-06 16:03:00 by BitMan
hi Ewayne i've just dowloaded AsmEdit "Complete Package v3.3" and i've already a bug for you:( the bug repeat itself every time i do this: start AsmEdit > start code generator > in first tab choose any classe name > click Create button (nothing happens) > click the same button again (the code appears in the work window) > close code generator > resize the work window (the code generator appears again) > now i close the work window > now close the code generator, and got this windows error in a msgbox:

AsmEdit.exe - Application Error
  The instruction a "0x77f64d48" referenced a "0x00161855".
  The memory could not be "read"
i click ok and windows close AsmEdit. machine i'm using now: PI - 133mhz - 32mb ram - os: NT 4.0(build1381) with service pack 5 - graphic card: ATI Graphics Accelarator 2mb of mem if find more i'll mail you.. as said, the prog is getting very complex, i guess is natural for these bugs to appear. keep going and i'm sure you'll kill all the buggs;).. by the way.. although the bugs, AsmEdit is very good! ensein This message was edited by ensein, on 6/6/2001 6:14:12 PM
Posted on 2001-06-06 18:11:00 by ensein
To ensein and the rest, Sorry about that, the bug is fixed. Download the CodeGen and WorkWin programs from my Web Site and Copy the files to their appropriate directories and also copy the two DLL's to the AsmEdit directory. You know how the story goes, it worked at one time and then you change or fix something else and what used to work doesn't work anymore. I'm going to have to make a test check list. Ewayne This message was edited by Ewayne, on 6/6/2001 11:36:07 PM
Posted on 2001-06-06 23:33:00 by Ewayne
pIII 7000 tih
Phew, I didn't know that a P III is already able to reach 7 GHZ ;)
Posted on 2001-06-07 03:27:00 by Stefan Krause