I am trying to put the richedit control in an mdi window. But when i open a file only the fisrt few characters in the first line appear with no proper formatting and also the title of the window has the same words. How to get throught this? Here is my code - ;This is WndProc .ELSEIF ax==CM_OPEN invoke RtlZeroMemory ,addr ofn,sizeof ofn mov ofn.lStructSize,sizeof ofn push hWnd pop ofn.hwndOwner push hInstance pop ofn.hInstance mov ofn.lpstrFilter,offset OpenFilter mov ofn.lpstrFile,offset FileNameBuffer mov byte ptr ,0 mov ofn.nMaxFile ,sizeof FileNameBuffer mov ofn.Flags, OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST or OFN_HIDEREADONLY or OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST invoke GetOpenFileName,addr ofn .if EAX!=0 invoke CreateFile,offset FileNameBuffer,GENERIC_READ,FILE_SHARE_READ,NULL,OPEN_EXISTING,FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,0 .if eax!=INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE mov hwndFile,eax invoke CreateMDIWindow,addr RichEditClass,addr FileNameBuffer,WS_MAXIMIZE,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,\ hWndClient,hInstance,NULL mov hRichEdit,eax invoke SendMessage,hRichEdit,EM_LIMITTEXT,-1,0 push hwndFile pop editstream.dwCookie mov editstream.pfnCallback,offset StreamInProc invoke SendMessage,hRichEdit,EM_STREAMIN,SF_TEXT,addr editstream invoke CloseHandle,hwndFile .else invoke MessageBox,hWnd,addr OpenFileFail,addr AppName,MB_OK or MB_ICONERROR .endif .endif ;The child proc only has a handler to WM_CLOSE msg.
Posted on 2001-06-04 10:43:00 by MovingFulcrum
I have a MDI program that uses RichEdit controls on my Web Site at: http://www20.brinkster.com/ewayne/AsmLoad.html that you might want to look at, it would be a lot easier for you then digging through your program . Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-04 13:54:00 by Ewayne
Well here is my code for creating a new file but when i clik on the "new" menu item nothing happens. .data RichEditClass db "RichEdit20A",0 MDIChildClass db "MDIChildClass",0 MDIChildTitle db "MDI Child",0 .data? hInstance dd ? hWndClient dd ? mdicreate MDICREATESTRUCT <> .code .ELSEIF ax==CM_NEW ; invoke CreateMDIWindow, addr MDIChildClass,addr MDIChildTitle,0,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,hWndClient,hInstance,NULL ;mov hWndChild,eax INVOKE SendMessage, hWndClient, WM_MDICREATE, 0, addr mdicreate mov hWndChild, eax INVOKE CreateWindowEx, 0,addr RichEditClass,0,WS_CHILD or WS_VISIBLE or WS_BORDER or WS_HSCROLL or WS_VSCROLL or ES_MULTILINE or ES_NOHIDESEL, CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,\ hWndChild,NULL,hInstance,NULL .endif Also cant CreateMDIWindow be used instead of MDICREATESTRUCT to make the application multithreaded?
Posted on 2001-06-05 03:35:00 by MovingFulcrum
Did you register your MDIChildClass? Did you fill in your MDICREATESTRUCT structure? Like I said it would be easer to look at my code, it should be easy to follow. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-05 07:24:00 by Ewayne
i have done all that. why dont u take a look at the source from this link http://www.geocities.com/moving_fulcrum/mdi.zip Its very small. Just the new file proc till now but the source is in several files cause i dont like cluttering up in one. Just open main.asm to get to the proc Also in ur prog too when u clik on the new butt on the toolbar nothing happens. Though ur prog works fine from the menu.
Posted on 2001-06-05 12:58:00 by MovingFulcrum
When I get a minute I'll look at your program. The New on the Toolbar only clears the active window, thats the way it was meant to be. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-05 15:48:00 by Ewayne
You missed your Client window.

vars.asm
;--------------- ADDED -------------
MDIClientClass db  'MDICLIENT',0

create.asm
      INVOKE     CreateWindowEx, NULL, addr MDIClientClass, NULL,\
                 WS_CHILD or WS_VISIBLE or WS_CLIPCHILDREN, CW_USEDEFAULT,\
                 CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, hWnd, NULL,\
                 hInst, addr ClientStruct
         mov     hWndClient, eax

;----------  ----------

size.asm
      INVOKE     GetWindowRect, hWndStat, addr rect
         mov     eax, rect.bottom
         sub     eax, rect.top     ; eax = height of statusbar
         mov     edx, lParam       ; Width of new client area
         and     edx, 0ffffh       ; ebx = width
         mov     ecx, lParam
         shr     ecx, 16           ; Height of new client area
         sub     ecx, eax          ; Edit window - height of statusbar
         add     ecx, 2            ; For border
      INVOKE     MoveWindow, hWndClient, 0, 0, edx, ecx, TRUE
Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-05 17:31:00 by Ewayne
Thankx a lot ewayne. That did work. I think that was a really silly mistake of mine. From the next time i would be careful about cheking my source code before i post my problems on this board :-)
Posted on 2001-06-06 01:11:00 by MovingFulcrum