Does, anyone know how to find the owner of a port that is open, and if so how to close the port?? finding the program name and being able to close the port would be just what I am looking for.... Thanks in advance....
Posted on 2001-06-04 11:02:00 by Zcoder
Zcoder, Take a look a the sysinternals site here the TDImon program seems to do what you want, I think there is a discussion about how it all fits together as well. umbongo This message was edited by umbongo, on 6/5/2001 7:43:01 AM This message was edited by umbongo, on 6/5/2001 7:43:34 AM
Posted on 2001-06-05 07:21:00 by umbongo
umbongo, Thanks, but I have that program, in fact, that program was what got me to make a better program then that one. when I seen that program I got this idea. My program I am working on will have all the tools that anyone needs to know just what is happening in their computer while online, see all ports open see all data going in or out, who is connected to you their IP and domain lookup, what app or program each port on your system belongs to where on your hard drive each program that is using a port is located. also to let the user close any port they wish and shutdown any program that is in the list of using the ports. All that I have so far is a list of open UDP/TCP ports showing, there IP and domain their from, and what state the port is in. I now need to find what program owns what port. and where that program is located on the hard drive. is there a API or something to find who owns each open port?, I want my program to beable to give the user the option to deside, by knowing what application it is to let it or shut it down compleatly, by just right clicking and selecting close port or close running Application. in otherwords I need handles to the ports and to the applications that own each port. here is what I have so far. Posted on 2001-06-05 13:27:00 by Zcoder
oh, ok... I know what you mean, I had Gator on my system until I realised that it was using my internet connection for up to 2 minutes whenever I connected, I don't know what it was doing, but it's been removed now. It took me ages to find out which process was using the connection, I had to find it by trial and error. you can try stardust or this one for info about winsock, both sites are good for that. umbongo
Posted on 2001-06-05 14:00:00 by umbongo