employed by Scrooge McDuck :mad: guess what my boss just got out of his magical 'think'hat: we now need to pay for our coffee, sort of like a communal contribution blablabla. :rolleyes: Well, if I have to pay anyway then I'll just bring my own coffeemachine and coffee thank you very much, then at least I know that my coffee tastes good. Grrr free coffee is one of the perks at any work :mad: He's going to get hell from me (and the others ;)) on this one.
Posted on 2001-06-05 15:31:00 by Hiroshimator
Heh That's incredible. I thought that kind of behaviour was just trademark of Argentinean bosses. They spend thousands on useless 'consulting', thousands on useless employees BUT when things start to get bad, they chop free coffee down. It happened to me twice, and twice times i had the same reaction. I left away :)
Posted on 2001-06-05 16:04:00 by latigo
Monopoly Money to the rescue! :D
Posted on 2001-06-05 17:54:00 by NaN
You think thats bad... my employer is considering having a mini-starbucks coffee put in our lounge... you know that's not gonna be free... The nerve, I tell ya _Shawn
Posted on 2001-06-05 19:41:00 by _Shawn
I will let you all in on a secret, we had that same problem, so we passed it around to just slow down on everyones production, then when the higher up's started to ask why production was down I said, I was not sure but could it be maybe the lack of coffee? when there was coffee for everyone was production doing better? next week we all found coffee back in the break rooms. I guess they thought it over and for better production, coffee was not that costly after all.
Posted on 2001-06-05 23:49:00 by Zcoder
The boss supplies coffee, even so I take my own. But... quit complaining... Sometime this month we are moving to a brand new building, only it cost so much they have to delay the air conditioning. :(
Posted on 2001-06-06 00:44:00 by SFinegan
I'm not complaining - just expressing another experience: Where I work we have a coffee stand on the first floor ($1 for 16oz). They have donuts, bagels, etc. I only drink a cup of coffee every couple of days, but the $1 coffee is good enough that it's almost worth it. :) (The lady that works the coffee is quite a babe. Asked her out, but she's got a boyfriend. :() It's really funny when management starts trimming the budget. All this fancy computer systems just to time everybodies jobs - once you know how the measurements are taken, you could make their reports say almost anything. Working with the other employees is really great to manipulate management. Well, that is until your buddy gets promoted, and then tells management (his new best friends) what the real scoop is! I always hold a little bit back. ;)
Posted on 2001-06-06 01:41:00 by bitRAKE
I'm from italy. In my country no coffe is offered from bosses at work. We're not so lucky. :( And that's not all. were i work ee've a bad automatic machined coffe :mad: Taste no good :mad: Sometimes miss sugar :mad: Sometimes miss spoon to mix :mad: Between coffe and milk come down some hot water so is better take away the plastic glass and then put it on again. :mad: you are lucky ...
Posted on 2001-06-06 02:00:00 by angelo
Since the company I work for (I'm freelance) share price has gone from $85 to $7 I've only noticed that the stationary cupboard quality has gone down massively....... umbongo This message was edited by umbongo, on 6/6/2001 7:00:41 AM
Posted on 2001-06-06 07:00:00 by umbongo
I guess the secret is out, Unless you work for Microsoft, there is no profit in software much these days and where the bucks are in short supply, trimmings like stationary, FREE coffee, good looking secretaries and other similar virtues diminish at the square of the reduction in available money. Working freelance does have some virtues if there is any work around, you pay for your own coffee but you have considerable freedom in when and where you drink it, you are economically more efficient than older style company management and you are far more flexible in what you can do. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-06-06 07:42:00 by hutch--
You all should know that hutch is a freelance coder ;)
Posted on 2001-06-06 07:52:00 by Iczelion
Let's decrease the salaries of all those marketing and business "engineers"
Posted on 2001-06-06 07:59:00 by karim
oh and the prices in the canteen went up, but I think that was because of Foot & Mouth... umbongo This message was edited by umbongo, on 6/6/2001 8:02:28 AM
Posted on 2001-06-06 08:01:00 by umbongo