My program is a internet popup window killer. it kills those annoying popups ads and so forth. enable and disable features arent implemented yet but the program works. in the settings section the java button show work for you. im going to implement tooltips and the text that is too long for the listbox will get elipses on the end. my program is in the alpha stage i still need to do alot of stuff with it but was hoping to squash any bugs and get some comments and suggestions on how its working and what i need to change or implement. i need some feedback please. you can download it here. CLICK ME thanks smurf
Posted on 2001-06-14 22:31:00 by smurf
Smurf, I had a play with you're program - it's running now. Here we go.... The buttons at the bottom of the tab control don't look like buttons, just boxes. It would be better if it was clear what ther were. (Note: I use light-gray as my background colour in windows - I find white too bright) The title Doesn't fit in the title window - you might want to get rid of the CAPS and spaces. When minimised it goes off into the system tray, this is good, but a single click retrieves it, the standard operation for this is a double-click (ICQ, Task Manager etc) you might want to change it. The Icon in the system tray disappears when you click it, it might be nice if it was always there, Task Manager, ICQ etc always have theirs in there. The Normal Explorer windows are shown in the pop-ups list. Finally, does it kill the pop-ups, or do I have to do it by pressing the destroy button? most of this stuff is cosmetic, appart from that, it's pretty good, nice one :) umbongo
Posted on 2001-06-15 05:22:00 by umbongo
umbongo:
The buttons at the bottom of the tab control don't look like buttons, just boxes. It would be better if it was clear what ther were. (Note: I use light-gray as my background colour in windows - I find white too bright)
i was liking the flat effect of the buttons. i fiddle around with different settings maybe i can make the look a little more like buttons.
The title Doesn't fit in the title window - you might want to get rid of the CAPS and spaces.
Fixed it
When minimised it goes off into the system tray, this is good, but a single click retrieves it, the standard operation for this is a double-click (ICQ, Task Manager etc) you might want to change it.
i dont think ill change this one. i really like the single click i implemented.
The Icon in the system tray disappears when you click it, it might be nice if it was always there, Task Manager, ICQ etc always have theirs in there.
good idea ill change that
The Normal Explorer windows are shown in the pop-ups list.
not sure what you mean by this
Finally, does it kill the pop-ups, or do I have to do it by pressing the destroy button?
well for now you have to click the destroy button. when i implement the saving features, a list will be able to be downloaded from the internet to update and add to the current destryed list. disease_2000: not sure what you mean... but i hope not to have to many bugs. huh? thanks for testing smurf
Posted on 2001-06-15 20:52:00 by smurf