Hi Gang, If I have multiple .asm files, how do I use the extrn on a proc and global variable. What is the scope of the equ directive. That is , if I have an EQU in an inc file and include the same file more than once, is there a problem. Is there need to do the #ifdef stuff that is done in C headers. If yes, how ?? And what about macros and their scope. Can macros written in one file be accessed in another Clark This message was edited by Superman_San, on 6/18/2001 6:05:17 AM
Posted on 2001-06-18 05:55:00 by Superman_San
to use an external proc lets say in a file called proc.out you need to place an include statement in your main source file where the proc is suppose to be located in your code. it would be include c:/proc.out <--- or where ever you have it the scope of the equ directive is global. it will affect your whole code so if you have multiple equ of the same thing is not good and should cause assembler errors. macros can be used in the same manner as the procs. just place and include statement in you code where the macro should be. smurf
Posted on 2001-06-18 07:01:00 by smurf