i want the option to enable or disable my application. how would do i stop my application from processing information. basically i need to set it in a pause state. any suggestion on how i can do this? thanks smurf
Posted on 2001-06-19 05:52:00 by smurf
why don't you use a flag? at the very beginning of you window proc you check if the flag is set, if yes, just jump to the end..... hope i understood your question correctly
Posted on 2001-06-19 06:22:00 by [-alloces-]
You could just use EnableWindow, it only disbles mouse and keyboard input, but its quite effective! If its some form of copy protection its not so good... All someone needs to do is change the source code so it doesn't disable it, then its all fine! The only thing they need to do then is to stop the nag screen showing and they've got a fully working app.... You can also disable the desktop, thats quite funny! If you want it to stop processing other information, you'll need to modify your code for that, but thats pretty simple though! Mirno
Posted on 2001-06-19 06:26:00 by Mirno
It will be hard to suspend your application because it must always respond to system messages. To suspend a single function, you can use a test at the end of the function to check if the function has been paused. For example,

RUNNING = 0
PAUSED = 1

.DATA

status DWORD RUNNING

PausedFunction PROC

.WHILE ( status == PAUSED )
  INVOKE Sleep, 1000
.ENDW

; processing
; ...

PausedFunction ENDP
This message was edited by karim, on 6/19/2001 7:51:50 AM
Posted on 2001-06-19 06:44:00 by karim
thanks for all the replies. [-alloces-] your method of setting and checking a flag works perfectly. i can disable all different areas of my program just by checking the flag state and jmping if need be. thanks smurf
Posted on 2001-06-19 08:12:00 by smurf