Hey, What DirectX version did you use to make your game? Can I have your incs and libs if it was DirectX7? :) Please? hehe :) I want to make a game and I can't convert the DirectX7 headers and stuff.. no idea how. Thanks if you can.. thanks if you can't :) MacDeath
Posted on 2001-06-20 16:23:00 by MacDeath
Hi we use DirectX 1.0 hehe ;) at least so i belive...some parts from the DirectInput or Direct Play use DX3 or 5 (have to check) but usually we stick to the lowest possible interfaces available...that was for HE to be able to run on NT :D not much of an issue today... I belive i have the headers for DirectX 6.1 and converted them a little One day i tried to run the game on a fresh install of win98 (DX5 i belive) and it did not work.... but it worked fine after i installed DirectX 7.A....ooops :D i didnt have the time to do the checks...but it was possible that my Voodo Card required a DX7 install AFTER i installed new web downloaded drivers ... So, bottom line i dont think i can help you with DX7 headers...only with DX6.1 and you will have to update them from there. Its not very hard to convert headers ... only a lot of work to be done. I can talk you into it...but dont have time/need to do it myself. i will probably do it when i go for my 3D game ;) Besides we use TASM 5.0 today...this can also make some minor conversion problems with MASM This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 6/20/2001 8:34:10 PM This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 6/20/2001 8:37:55 PM
Posted on 2001-06-20 20:32:00 by BogdanOntanu
Someone have a tut on how to convert headers? Id like to learn :)
Posted on 2001-06-20 22:28:00 by MacDeath

i think _shawn is working on that tutorial... (he's very busy,
 so don't expect to have it by tomorrow).
:D
Posted on 2001-06-20 23:03:00 by disease_2000
Hehe.. I dont need it by tomorrow lol :). Im going to make a game sooner or later, so time isnt really an issue right now :)
Posted on 2001-06-20 23:05:00 by MacDeath