i need a tutorial with as much detail or more & as simple as Jeff Molofee's @ NeHe's site for MASM32 with openGL instead of C++ please ? + hopfully describing how to create 3D objects , formulas etc. in openGL with masm32 yet with the highly detailed in lamen comments , thank you .its in downloadable PDF format .i have downloaded several demo's & tutorials along with other people who agree that they are not really any help or are just a waste of time . to bad all of the good openGL etc. tutorials are for C++ .:cool:
Posted on 2001-06-29 03:04:00 by stevera
Well if you go to Jeffs site you'll find among the different translations of tutorials to other languages two that are for assembly, one of them is specifically for Masm32 by scalper. You could also check my site GameAsm for and OpenGL shell program, basically I took the NeHe tutorial 1 by scalper and removed pretty much everything unecessary. Also you should check Serge Cobans site, Bizarre Creations he wrote the include file for OpenGL in Masm and so deserves most of the credit.
Posted on 2001-06-29 05:22:00 by Zadkiel
I have yet to see a made to order tutorial system that responds to demand, if you think that the range is not good enough, feel free to write them yourself and distribute them to other people. If you are not up to the task, perhaps you can profit from writing them in C++ for another market but finally the responsibility for what you are after rests with you, not the members of this forum. If you ask in this forum, there are a number of very experienced games programmers here who will help you if they can but it is impertinent to assume that anyone owes you the time and efort to write tutorials in the format you appear to require. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au BTW, Compliments on your site Zad, there are some very interesting routines there that many people will find useful. This message was edited by hutch--, on 6/29/2001 5:44:27 AM
Posted on 2001-06-29 05:38:00 by hutch--
Hutch you really are a "Cranky old B*st*rd" aren't you :P Although I do agree that the manner in which the request was phrased was a little rude, now have to remember that no one can see you shaking your fist muttering "In my day kids ...." across the internet :D :P Mirno
Posted on 2001-06-29 06:28:00 by Mirno
why not just use NeHe's tutorials? They're simple and clear and some of the first have been translated into asm (TASM style if I recall correctly, but that shouldn't really pose a problem). I made a spinning cube once and that's all the OpenGL done by me :D
Posted on 2001-06-29 08:33:00 by Hiroshimator
Some of the NeHe OpenGL tuts have been translated into MASM by Scalper (http://scalper.cjb.net/)! Read the text at the NeHe site and follow along in ASM. :) That is the reason why everybody has to read so many examples before we get it: no tuts connect with your mind directly - not yet. :) So read as many examples as you can come across!
Posted on 2001-06-29 09:01:00 by bitRAKE