Greetings Some one here possible coded a simple Proxy and is willed to share the Source with me ? Junkbuster is great Proxy ,but i like to understand how i can change my Referer and my User-Agent. Thanks for Help
Posted on 2001-06-30 08:20:00 by Fernandez
Fernandez, Coding a proxy is a simple matter, but can get more and more complicated. All you need to do is open a server socket on your local machine, then point your browser at it, the proxy, when connected to, connects in turn to your previous proxy. it shovels data between the two, byte for byte. That's a simple proxy, JunkBuster, has a database of known advert sites, and it blocks requests for these, and data from them, so you don't get the adverts, and stuff like that. I don't know what the Referer and User Agent are so I can't advise you on that. umbongo
Posted on 2001-07-03 04:06:00 by umbongo
referer = the page you came from user agent = string identifying your useragent e.g. mozilla compitable ie55 or something
Posted on 2001-07-03 04:31:00 by Hiroshimator
As a side note the referer should ideally be set to the site you are visiting. This gets you around that "no offsite linking" quite a few web-providers use.
Posted on 2001-07-03 05:16:00 by Ahner