Hi all, this will be the last posting for a long time. I just finished school one month ago, and now I have to join the German Navy. You ask "When is 'now' and how long"? Well, I'll leave my hometown on July 2nd, 2001 at quarter to eleven. My whole time at the navy will be about 10 months. I wish you all the best on this board any with any projects you are working on. See you all again some day when I have some free time and an Internet connection available. Good bye! Ohh, Bogdan, thank you very much for your reply. Your suggestion help me alot and it is a good feeling to hear The rest is ok .. Good work for a beginner Stefan EDIT: Another thing, I forgot. I updated my website. If you want come there and take a look at the new design. This message was edited by Stefan Krause, on 7/1/2001 6:24:18 PM
Posted on 2001-07-01 18:22:00 by Stefan Krause
see you in 10 months (or sooner lets hope)... we'll keep your seat warm :) This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 7/1/2001 6:24:56 PM
Posted on 2001-07-01 18:24:00 by Hiroshimator
see ya stefan in about 10 months.... and remember dont drop the soap.:) smurf This message was edited by smurf, on 7/1/2001 6:28:55 PM
Posted on 2001-07-01 18:27:00 by smurf
See ya later sorry to see ya go your help was great Wish you lots of luck in all of your endevores! Happy sailing! Z8CODER THOUGHT:Unless you are inquizative your mind will never GROW!
Posted on 2001-07-01 18:37:00 by Z8CODER
(hope you don't mind) why do you have to join the german army? is that a must??? i though the world is at peace already... sorry for my curiousity... ------------------------------------------------------------ oh by the way, long time no see z8coder! :) ~wave~~~ This message was edited by disease_2000, on 7/1/2001 6:51:17 PM
Posted on 2001-07-01 18:50:00 by disease_2000
it's OK if you drop the soap, just remember not to pick it up :D
Posted on 2001-07-01 19:22:00 by Hiroshimator
Ohhh I will sure miss one of our HE biggest fan ;) return fast ;)
Posted on 2001-07-01 19:22:00 by BogdanOntanu
Stefan, Good luck with your "holiday" in the navy, I guess it depends how you approach it as to what value you get out of it but I hope you can have some fun there, learn a few thing and a few things not to do and come back in one piece. The tradition in English sailors was to drink RUM but I don't know the traditions in the german navy, perhaps you will come back as an expert in Schnapps. :) Regards and take care. hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-07-01 19:28:00 by hutch--
I regret never having done a stint in the "senior service", 'cause it has been in my family for generations. Good luck. Don't blow up the wrong stuff.
Posted on 2001-07-01 20:02:00 by Larry Hammick
See you later Stefan, have a good time....
i though the world is at peace already...
oh dear, you have alot to learn D2K....... umbongo
Posted on 2001-07-02 04:28:00 by umbongo
just wanted to express my condolence... i hate this country SO much they try to force us to join their armee... last month they wanted to get me too but there are a few tricks to get away from it all :D i wish you the best stefan ... good luck
Posted on 2001-07-02 06:28:00 by _drcmda
Good luck stefan. Hope you have a good time. I'm not looking forward to ending school, cause then I will have to join the danish army. Definitely not how I want to spend my time, having some bald&fat guy screaming in my face, forcing people to get up in the middle of the night to run 50 kilometres for no real reason. Luckily us danish people can choose the "objector service", where we get to work crap jobs for a crap pay - but at least we can avoid having fat bald men yelling at us :). And sometimes you can be lucky to get a sorta OK job. How is the military/conscription situation in other countries? And how do you people think of army guys? I obviously have some idea that they're all fascistoid pigs :P.
Posted on 2001-07-03 21:31:00 by f0dder
hm was there about 10 years ago .. boring cause not much to do but except that was somtimes kinda fun ..cause some nice guys there. well and since u have to be nowadays only 10 months there .. waste of time and money but ...enjoy ur boring live there ;) hm and _drcmda i suppose u live also in germany .. nobody will be forced to join the army here (at least not really) ...i know a couple of ppl who wanted to go .. but nope they donīt wanted them at least at that time .... also feel free to work in a hospital or somethin like that .. in general u can be happy to live here.
Posted on 2001-07-04 01:51:00 by Allanon
that must be a joke... they steal us 10 months of our lives ... that can't be good. and you MUST join the army except if you take drugs/are retarded/are disabled/... and yes you have the possibility to wipe old womans asses in a almshouse but only if you have very good reasons for this and they must not accept it. i support fodders position... just a bunch of brainless racist pigs. some very good friend of mine was forced to join... he applied for working in a hospital but was totaly declined... sometimes he calls me on the telefone and tells me that he can't endure this anymore. i feel sympathy for him and i hate ppl like you yelling "you have to be proud to be a german"
Posted on 2001-07-04 08:21:00 by _drcmda
I think the israeli system is best, if your country requires going in armed forces for a while. There both men and women join, so there's no false competition with the men only being able to start their career a year later.
Posted on 2001-07-04 08:44:00 by Hiroshimator
Bye Stefan, We will miss ur replies until u are back. But good luck and my best wishes till then :) But what a switch! From a computer geek to german navy :D
Posted on 2001-07-04 09:17:00 by MovingFulcrum
I think the israeli system is best
I disagee, the British system is best, no conscription :) umbongo
Posted on 2001-07-05 05:42:00 by umbongo
to _drcmda
... and i hate ppl like you yelling "you have to be proud to be a german"
u should better think about what u say and donīt bitch around first it never was so easy like now NOT to join the army. 2.nd i never said u shall be proud to be german , i said u can be happy to live in germany i personally wouldnīt like to live in a country were i must join the army and fight in a war like a couple of years ago in serbia or were ever in the world. So be happy that u live there.
Posted on 2001-07-05 08:15:00 by Allanon
When I was about the age of you guys there was a conscription system here in Australia for the Vietnam war that was based on drawing dates of birth and conscripting those unlucky enough to have their birth date drawn. I was one of the lucky ones whose date was not drawn but I knew guys who went to Vietnam who hated it, could see the curruption they were risking their life for and when they came back, the were shit on becaue the Vietnam war was very unpopular here. About 500 Australians were killed in Vietnam for nothing so I have little respect for conscription in any circumstance except being invaded by another country. Fortunately Geremany is not at war with anyone at the moment so Stefan is not at risk that way, lets hope his time in the Navy is not too much of a pain, there is a good chance that he may meet some decent people there which may make up for the imposition. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-07-05 08:16:00 by hutch--
holysh*t. there's still war going on there!!!!!!!!!!!????
Posted on 2001-07-05 08:17:00 by disease_2000