Is there a posibillity to compile from another drive like d:?
Posted on 2002-01-20 11:49:05 by TCT
TCT,

By default, MASM32 will only build code from the drive it is installed on, I did this because of the endless installation errors with earlier versions.

MASM32 is built using batch files so if you work out how they are called, you can set the full drive and path in the batch files and then build from any location on your machine.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-01-20 17:29:40 by hutch--
TCT,

I have installed Hutch's MASM32 on the D: drive of two computers, one which had the Windows directory on the C: drive and one with the Windows directory on the D: drive. Both worked perfectly,
except for my programming errors, without any modifications. Version 6 and version 7 worked equally well.

Thanks++ to Hutch and the contributors to MASM32 and Win32ASM community.

farrier
Posted on 2002-01-20 18:27:43 by farrier
farrier, are you able to assemble files on another partition than the
partition you installed masm32 on though? (Without modifying the
batch files that is).
Posted on 2002-01-20 18:51:31 by f0dder
f0dder,
farrier, are you able to assemble files on another partition than the partition you installed masm32 on though? (Without modifying the batch files that is).

No, I tried that after my very first install, but that hasn't been a problem for me since I keep all my asm source code in subdirectories under MASM32.

I tried initially to assemble a file on my C: drive that was archived there, but it would not work with version 6, don't remember the errors. Haven't tried it with version 7 but I suspect the same errors will so up.

farrier
Posted on 2002-01-20 19:19:25 by farrier
Ok,
I'll edit the file or use c for my files. :grin:
Posted on 2002-01-21 04:14:01 by TCT