Alright guys,

Ive found some time to work on it so I was thinking of taking some input..

Ive been thinking.. should I just use DirectX and blit a bitmap or jpg as the background and just draw a scroll bar and a transparent browser window in the middle?

Will that look good? Anything Ive done looks ugly and doesnt work real well ;) so I dumped that source. I dont need any more failures now hehe.. not in a row anyway :)

So.. what do you guys think? Will it work? :)

Torch
Posted on 2002-01-22 20:06:46 by Torch
Funny how no one ever answers.... :(
Posted on 2002-01-23 17:14:58 by Torch
I moved you to the game programming forum because I think you'll get an opinion faster that way :)

As for your question: I don't have a clue, sorry.
Posted on 2002-01-23 17:37:41 by Hiroshimator
Afternoon, Torch.

Could you tell us what kind of GUI you'd like to develop?

From (This Thread) you were hinting at a 2D GUI.
If you just want a basic GUI, then you won't need super-fast graphics. Just a simple GDI interface will do, with a few images thrown in.
If you want a few particle effects/ alpha blending/ and wotnot, then GDI or DDraw will do.
If you want a fully 3D interface, then use DX8/8.1 .

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-01-23 19:46:05 by Scronty
Its just a graphical background (should be quick.. I dont want something that lags the CPU lol :)) and a scroll bar and a window in the middle to display the articles and navigation..

Thats what I want to do, but I want it to look good.. I want it all the seem together well..

I figured someone could have answered my question up above.. but nope.. no one did hehe..

Torch
Posted on 2002-01-24 12:58:22 by Torch
Well, what do you have so far?

Make a decision as to what you want to use DirectX or GDI and we'll be glad to help as much as we all can. I posted a directx7 version of how to display a bitmap example... You may be able to find it using search...

Can't be much help till you have a problem (really do a search we have alot of directx examples somewhere... or I can just upload them again)

Sliver
Posted on 2002-01-24 13:06:48 by Sliver
I would prefer DirectX because I use it in C alot..

Dont use GDI much.. hehe

Torch
Posted on 2002-01-24 14:30:52 by Torch