Where can I find value of constants to work with functions from
mpr.dll and such.
F.E. to use with WNetUseConnection such as CONNECT_INTERACTIVE.

to Hiro: I see you friquently work with VBA and Access,
lately I've been told among other thing to write several API like libraries in DLL format to be called from office vba programms through "declare func..." interface, DLL of course in ASM, writing them is no problem but one thing I couldn't quite figure out:
How do you debug them?
I tried to do it with SoftIce using as loaded programm Access (or other Office apps) and name of mdb or mde as parameter, and also I was able at the end find some point of code where Access called my DLL func it seemed to me hell of a akward method to
find an interested point.
I need a basic teqnic to low level debuging methods to find in the debuging points were my API is called from VBA code.
Could you help?
The Svin.
Posted on 2001-07-26 04:19:36 by The Svin
debugging from what? Access, VB,... scripting languages? And what exactly? the app or the DLL?

These scripting languages aren't really suited to debug anything but themselves, so don't rely on them to point out any errors clearly, debugging your dll would best be done via VC or similar.
Posted on 2001-07-26 07:36:31 by Hiroshimator
By debugging some API work functions in the case I mean to be able trace from calling process to called and back.
Of course in low level code representation.
To look how my code in DLL works apart from calling process in Access I don't need VC or anything else, I can call it from simple test calling app. But in the case I'm interested in how Access and code in dll interact (how really Access calls my API, passes parameters, how API pass the result back etc.)
Actually, I'm able to do it now (to find in low level code in runtime the point where Access calls my API) but it time consuming to find the point. As low level programmer I accustom to SEE what happens in low level, not GESS what there should be.

Thanks for reply.
My topic doesn't belong to the WAR section :)
I put it here accidentally :)
Posted on 2001-07-26 22:44:16 by The Svin
> Where can I find value of constants to work with functions from
> mpr.dll and such.
> F.E. to use with WNetUseConnection such as
> CONNECT_INTERACTIVE.

You can find these values in VC++'s WININETWK.h file:

#define CONNECT_UPDATE_PROFILE 0x00000001
#define CONNECT_UPDATE_RECENT 0x00000002
#define CONNECT_TEMPORARY 0x00000004
#define CONNECT_INTERACTIVE 0x00000008
#define CONNECT_PROMPT 0x00000010