Hi The Svin

I have made the requested changes to ReallyRad.
I have also made some changes to RadASM. It now saves the selected font charset. My guess is that RadASM now handles Russian characters, also with hiliting enabled.

The zip contains:

ReallyRad.dll
RadASM.exe

KetilO

Attatchment deleted Look here page 3
Posted on 2002-04-02 03:45:42 by KetilO
Good news jmp to name(form dlg) works perfect.
Bad news those strange effects with Russian charset remain.

But I have some notions that might lead somewhere.
Russian charset was showed OK even in previous versions,
while keyboard was switched to Russian, then when switching
to English some kind of "refresh" or whatever operations were
seen (little flash of redrawing I can not find right word but hope
you understand) and after that russian characters turn to ?????
Even without highlight this operation can be seen - and this I think could be interesting for you:
Without highlighting russian characters are shown OK even when
language switching performed exept for one case:
When you split a window in the one of window that is active (has a caret) everithing is OK (russian characters shown correctly no metter of switching to different language) but in inactive window
during the switching some kind of refresh operation performed and if you switch to english the russian characters in the inactive window turn to ?????? while the same characters in active window shown OK.
So logically if you can know what operation is going on in inactive
part (of two parts of the splitted window) wich is not (in the same time ) performed in active part - your should find the part of code wich turns russian characters to ???????.
Posted on 2002-04-02 06:58:07 by The Svin
Hi The Svin

:confused: Unexpected results.

Did you select Cyrillic charset?

There is no style differences that should matter between active and non active splitt, but text is copied from active to non active richedit.

This is going to be a difficult one.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-02 08:06:05 by KetilO
Did you select Cyrillic charset

Yes.
Please, note.About example of ???? in not highlighted mode. Not just active and inactive window (they work fine if you for example opened two files and tile them hor.) but active and inactive part of
SPLITTED window (yours F4 feature). And active part is OK while inactive changes russ characters to ??? when you switch keyboard to English.

I know you will overcome it - it is just problem of time :)
Posted on 2002-04-02 09:10:29 by The Svin
Hi The Svin

I had a closer look at the problem, and the only solution I can find is to support unicode. I am sorry but I doubt that RadASM ever will.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-02 13:33:31 by KetilO