Hola!

I was thinking about creating a set of tutorials (a few short ones) for use in learning the in's and out's of game programming...

Sorta like a set by step guide to programming small games in assembly... Which would cover alot of topics that come up...

I was thinking about using directx 7.0 (I have both Scronty's and Calebs 8.0 -8.1, but maybe that's overkill for the 2d games I was thinking about)... Nothing wrong with Opengl, but I'm not very intrested in it...

Nothing completely hard, but it would be nice to have something that everyone in the Game Forum community could give ideas about...

I have a bunch of small snippets of old code that I did and I think it would be nice to actually use them...

My first idea was Pac Man clone (mainly because I thought about this idea while reading a post of Scronty's :) This has idea's been done for other programming languages so why not here...

My question is can I do it as a process on this web site? Do you think it'll work? I sorta want to keep the idea's together though...

Anyway, I'll start on the idea and check back on the suggestions... I think this could be a fun project and give people a new an intresting way to learn through games :) (my real goal)
:alright:
Sliver
Posted on 2002-04-09 20:17:56 by Sliver
Hi,

I think there would be a great audience for this (for example ... ME :grin: )

This is something which is still missing around the win32asm scene.

YaWNS aka Stefan K.
Posted on 2002-04-11 06:18:55 by YaWNS