HIya

As masm comes with Microsoft's H2INC.exe utility,i was neither able to properly compile original unmodified .H files.Both spit tens of errors compiliing WINBASE.H.

SO is there any alternate to an H2INC-style utility that would be able to properly and cleanly compile any of the existing .H files to .ASM source.

And i was wondering if theres a utility which could convert .HLA files to .ASM source.
Posted on 2002-05-04 04:04:03 by Ajnabi

SO is there any alternate to an H2INC-style utility that would be able to properly and cleanly compile any of the existing .H files to .ASM source.
No, and that utility only works with the most simplest .H files.
And i was wondering if theres a utility which could convert .HLA files to .ASM source.
Randy Hyde's .HLA compiler will do that, IIRC.
Posted on 2002-05-04 08:55:11 by bitRAKE
There was a member who did a more "up-to-date" version of h2inc.exe and posted the source... You may find it with a search of this board

Sliver
Posted on 2002-05-04 15:01:46 by Sliver
Seems to me the process of converting C/C++ headers to MASM includes is pretty straightforward.

I can't see why what is done by hand can't be coded, maybe someone with some spare time would consider it.
Posted on 2002-05-30 03:52:20 by Homer
Bitrake is absolutly right. I have tried h2inc and i have it but it is really very rough on latest c++ files.:rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-06-15 08:56:40 by Wonder Mage
Also the usage of #define in the Windows headers makes it very difficult for the utility to convert to assembly.

So basically is not that simple, one must create an entire C++ preprocessor in order to make a converter. (wich is half way on making an entire compiler :).
Posted on 2002-06-15 10:02:45 by dxantos