Hey all.. As im sure you know.. im workin an open source class library set for OOP in MASM ( this is where you wonder off and say to yourself "bla bla bla" ) :tongue:

Today I have found myself wondering what to build next and while i have a few ideas.. they wont be too time consuming to get built and added to the library.. so i was hoping i could get some Ideas from the MASM community...

My best example so far is the CFile class.. It serves its usefullness as each new instance will handle a separate file (read or write).. and thus providing function methods to act on each instance when called.

As it entirely possible to get more than one piece of global memory in a program, im writing a Class to handle this.. and give it some methods to easily get global memory etc. etc.

Another Class i will build is a URL class.. such that each unique instance will have a methods to set the link, display name, xy point, and color..

I thought of wrapping the RichEdit into an object and build better methods for dealing with selections and cursor location (i think the present api's suck for this), but ships out if i should...

Another idea i had (stems from Java) is to have a Class handler, used to register object instances that need to watch for windows messages that affects them (such that you dont need to build a length case structure for all the stuff that goes on in a program that deals with objects) Ships out on this idea as well.. more research needed to determin if it serves practial use, or if its just an overglorified function...

But hopefully i have giving you all the type of idea im heading towards... in essence anything that needs to remain unique, yet at the same time could have multiple ocourances of.. (like my URL idea)...

Give it a though and throw me some suggestions, I will try and create a library for anything that i can to make the library more RAD :grin:

Thanx again...
NaN
Posted on 2001-08-12 22:06:09 by NaN
I think all the basic programming structures could be next: stack class, array class, binary tree class, etc. Is this what you mean, or did I miss understand you? :) You could try to duplicate a common class library that already exists, making migration for HLL programmers easier.
Posted on 2001-08-13 08:19:38 by bitRAKE
Ya, i think your on the right line, but i personally didnt want to repeat the MFC's if there was better ideas out there (in the sence of what people would really like to have)..

I though about searchin the MSDN for class ideas, but the resource that Hiro has formed here gives an opporunity to truely find out what users want.. at least it think this is true....

NaN
Posted on 2001-08-14 00:49:23 by NaN