Hi,

is there any code or tutorial that explain how dockin is done, i don't see any with sources.

is it implemented in a rebar so it can dock to top ? or it's just a simple window that does its calculation and with some SetWindowPos() it can dock to any side of the window ?

thanks in advance
Posted on 2002-06-19 19:16:29 by Sabeel
I did a lot of work on making a general case docking bar, it was lots of work, maybe half functional when I abandoned the project for a paying job.

The basic trick it to make a toolbar window for the free-float case, then change it's window style bits (with SetWindowLong) to dock it. Rebars are handy to dock into (you just change the window style, then register the window with the rebar so the rebar will suppsrt it).

Many issues. Rebars were coded for a single bar per window, you you'll probably sub class it so it respects an adjacent rebar. The central non-rebar 'client' area needs to be sized... you have to paint the neet close/drag controls yourself, PLUS code them to work.

Ugh
Posted on 2002-06-19 23:34:20 by Ernie
If you can use COM then this link may help http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/Shell/programmersguide/shell_adv/bands.asp.

BTW if you get it working I'd love to see it. :)
Posted on 2002-06-20 05:58:09 by Eóin