ive yet to find a good explanation of registers, if anyone knows of a register tutorial, or something else that goes into what registers are and how one would go about using them plz post.
nothing that assumes any knowledge, or gives some weak 3 word explanation for each.

ty,

kenji
Posted on 2002-06-19 23:21:18 by kenji
Try the Intel manuals if you wish to understand the architecture of Intel x86 processors, the words will be larger than 4 letters and it assumes you know how to program.

================================
nothing that assumes any knowledge
================================

How low do you expect, I gather you can read English, what are the other considerations ?

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-06-20 00:23:05 by hutch--
Well, yeah i can speak english, but i dont know too much about asm, i just picked up masm32 last night, i understand some of it, but not enough to beable to use the set of 32 bit registers with any desertion between them, seems they point to different aspects of data stored in the acumulator, but then again i might have no idea what im talking about. Im just looking for something to give a little clarity, to me, it seems the acumulator is just a midpoint between data sources and destinations in memory. but beyond that ive got no idea. any refferences at all would be nice. whether they assume any knowledge or not, just wanna hurry up and get understanding the registers out of the way so i can get down to coding.

thx again

kenji
Posted on 2002-06-20 00:36:58 by kenji
Straight from the horses mouth, the best reference material on the planet for x86 assembler,

http://developer.intel.com/design/PentiumIII/manuals/

This should keep you amused for a while. :tongue:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-06-20 00:41:22 by hutch--
http://www.madwizard.org has some nice introductory material.
Posted on 2002-06-20 09:27:50 by f0dder
Yeah. Good material. Thx guys for all the help.

kenji
:stupid:
Posted on 2002-06-20 09:55:25 by kenji