Hi all,

...(hoping his first post won't look silly)...

I'm a newbie (or perhaps pre-newbie) to Win32 asm, trying to learn while I go, so forgive me for any redudancy incurred by this post.

:stupid:

For my first *real* project, i've been trying to write a console application that will generate a checksum (md5) for a file/group of files. Thus far, i've been working a command-line parser for this application, and have had relative success. However, as it neared completion, I found one major setback that I hadn't accounted for... wildcards.

How does one go about doing wildcard expansion in Win32 asm? If I parse the command-line, I will get the wildcard character, which isn't what I need.

I've searched for examples/samples/any information on the subject, but as of yet, i've not found anything that deals with this topic. So, i'm hoping someone on this board can point me in the right direction. :)

Thank you,

Domain
Posted on 2001-08-15 23:18:22 by Domain
First I suggest downloading the Win32 API help file from:
Iczelion's Site
or
Another version

Then use the find with a keyword of wild and look for references to searching directories.

As an alternative, you could go for a GUI interface, allowing the user to enteract with dialog boxes aready availiable under windows.
Posted on 2001-08-15 23:59:45 by eet_1024
eet_1024,

Thank you for the information :) I had a copy of the API reference (Platform SDK), but apparently I wasn't looking in the right place.

Anyway, I found what is needed, now if I can just make it work :tongue:

Thanks again,

Domain
Posted on 2001-08-16 00:18:44 by Domain