Can anyone tell me how I can display the cpu-registers on screen? Is there a special INT for that?

Note : I don't want them in ASCII but in hex, bin or dec if possible!

Anyone: where has the ASM4Newbies-site moved to?
Posted on 2001-08-16 12:55:16 by spahetti
if you want to display the registers on the screen, you have to convert them to ascii. just get the value of the registers. there are decimal, but you can convert them to hexadezimal. after that you have to convert the hexadezimal to ascii to show them on the screen. i think the functions you need are in masm32.lib

(please correct me if i'm wrong with my post)

bye
Posted on 2001-08-16 13:42:43 by NOP-erator
thanx NOP,

the problem I have is that (besides that I'm a newbienewbieTASMuser) I use following routine to display something on screen

mov AH,9h
mov DX, register
int 21h

or

mov AH,2h
mov DL, register
int 21h

and then I get a lot of ASCII-bull no decimal-bull;

maybe that's TASM-specific?
Posted on 2001-08-16 13:57:19 by spahetti
Hello world,

Anyone know how a debugger like softice can do what it does?

How do I get my program to operate between win/dos and a running program?
Posted on 2001-08-16 14:20:39 by spahetti
Well Spaheti this SoftIce thing is not newbie stuff

so i suggest starting to learn Win32ASM first understand that there is no more INT xx usage in windows only Api Calls

That stuff you wrote is NOT TASM specific is only DOS specific...better get used to Windows and 32 bit first then move to more advanced stuff like SoftIce's modus operandus

besides if you wanna know how to hack/crack this is NOT the right place to go !

If you want to know hoe to use SoftIce to crack NOONE will help you here...there are other sites for this stuff

Softice does what it does by loading itself BEFORE windows, actually Softice RUNNS Windows and not the other way around...but i belive this is too much advanced stuff for you...
(i can tell by the questions about ASCII above ....)

But is you want to learn 32bit windows ASM this is the right place ;) and its newbie friendly ;)
Posted on 2001-08-16 23:16:16 by BogdanOntanu
spahetti,

if you need a debugger FREE and easy to use for win32bit go and download OllyDbg. It's very helpful to debug error in coding.

bye
Posted on 2001-08-17 07:05:44 by Bit7
Thanx for the replies guys, will come here more often,

But the thing is; I just want to disassemble a virus I got from a friend, which is not really easy since it seems to have some kinda anti-sice-trick to it.
Posted on 2001-08-17 12:14:47 by spahetti
spahetti, this is not the correct messageboard for virus disassembly.
Sorry.
Posted on 2001-08-17 13:28:41 by f0dder
Sorry didn't read FAQ very well

Uhm, anyone know where the ASM4Newbies-site has move to?
Posted on 2001-08-17 15:44:32 by spahetti