How do I read data from a website.
The daily baseball scores, the weather forecast, the movie times, etc.
A sample program would be very helpful.
Thank you.
Posted on 2002-07-27 14:29:00 by JOHNLOGIC
Win32 ASM CGI ??? Try searching, you'll get a lot of hits.
    [*]You must know what are the files that contains these data you mentioned.
    [*]Where are these files on the HD.
    [*]Read the file
    [*]Display the content.
    [*]I don't know about other browsers but MS IE seems to be the only one that executes these EXE files properly.There are a lot of ways to do it, some use XML, some use plain text files, some use "records" ... You need to know what are the formats so you will know what to do with it.

XML - parse the XML file
    plain text - depends on how the text file is setup, maybe the first line is the date, second line is the description...
    records - read the file into the structures...and get the data from the structure fields.

Could you be a little more specific, there are a lot of things I can think of.
Posted on 2002-07-27 14:40:58 by stryker
winsock? wininet?
Posted on 2002-07-27 14:42:59 by comrade
heres a small sample reading a http file with WININET and showing it in a richedit control
Posted on 2002-07-28 01:29:53 by japheth
I build this reading example with plain socket communication, and it has the same error like your example:

If you communicate with HTTP1.1 servers, they have the possibility to tranfer the website
in chunks, called "Transfer-Mode: chunked". This involves some length info in front of the data,
and could have some time-gap between the chunks. So in this cases the read reads only the first
~ 2000 bytes of the page.

Example web Server with chunked transfer:
http://shareware4u.de/baseportal/detail_templ&ProgrammID=20011029154840xC&Dl=1&Alt1=1

My question(s): which WININET function did you use? Is there another function which supports the above effect?
Posted on 2002-07-29 03:57:23 by beaster
Hi, I seem to have a similar problem with a snippet posted in the FASM section. But I think this time is due to my bad skills as programmer.
Can you have a look and tell me what?s going wrong? (It doesn?t retrieve well the zip in Win2k, and doesnt?t always in win98)

Thanx a lot, the thread is called Tool to download FAsm beta

(Btw japhet, yours look grate!)
Posted on 2002-07-29 12:19:35 by slop