can anybody tell me how to handle the EXTRN command with MASM32 :confused:

in TASM it's just: "EXTRN <name-of-api> : PROC"
i've tested that with MASM32, but it wouldn't work.

tia
Posted on 2002-09-05 14:28:31 by ploptor
Hello,

I am also having some trouble with some sintaxes in MASM... maybe I didnt find the right place yet, but if you do, please tell me where can I get it too!! ;)

I have only 1 idea for you now: check on the Icz tuts ( tut 17 uses dll's :) and also the examples... I think you may find a template of what you want there... I have had some sucess too, by searching things in the win32 API reference...

I have reading a little through win32.hlp, the help files with MASM32 ( in help dir ) and also Iczelion tuts and some alien code too... although I am having some trouble with it, since it is not as commented as I d'like it to be...

Anyway, luck for us! And smartness too!! ;)

See ya'round.....

Almost detached question: aren windows' APIs external calls??
Posted on 2002-09-05 23:49:41 by wicr0s0ft
I'll check after work, but I belive:

EXTERN HeapAlloc:PROC

should work. no <>
Posted on 2002-09-06 00:26:56 by ThoughtCriminal
externdef stdcall FuncName :proto stdcall :dword, :dword
Posted on 2002-09-06 02:06:39 by Four-F
ploptor,

Get used to the idea that MASM and TASM are different, MASM uses libraries and prototypes and if you do this normal stuff, you will have no problems with MASM at all.

Use the syntax,

INCLUDE myfile.inc
INCLUDELIB myfile.lib

This give you both the prototype and library and you can use any function in the library that way.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-09-06 04:59:50 by hutch--
i know about include and includelib. actually i was trying to implement a call to vbasic functions, e.g. vbaInputBox. (--- call me nuts 'cos of that, but i mean it ---)
and as we know, there are no includes for visual basic. or am i wrong?
Posted on 2002-09-06 08:15:29 by ploptor

i know about include and includelib. actually i was trying to implement a call to vbasic functions, e.g. vbaInputBox. (--- call me nuts 'cos of that, but i mean it ---)
and as we know, there are no includes for visual basic. or am i wrong?

Hahahahahahahahhahahaa..... sorry, serious: why? :)
Posted on 2002-09-06 08:27:32 by bazik