KeltIO, I seem to have come across a problem with RadASM.

I had a moment of distrust and decided to recreate a project as a new blank project, then add all of the existing files back into it. I selected new project, and unclicked all of the the source files check box's, using default selection for the rest.

The project tree came up empty with only the top project folder showing (as expected). When I went to add the existing files back into the project, I found all files were opened correctly into the IDE, but the tree had no filename for its position. Only the files extension was visible. I looked into the rap file and under all files were missing their filenames.

Assembler=masm
Type=VXD Project
Description=VxD
Backup=$P\Bak\
Group=1
GroupExpand=1

Menu=0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0
1=4,O,$B\RC.EXE /v,1
2=3,O,$B\ML_vxd.EXE /c /coff /Cx /DMASM6 /DBLD_COFF /DIS_32 /I"$I",2
3=11,O,$B\LINK.EXE /VXD -ignore:4078 -ignore:4069 -ignore:4039 /DEF:$6 /RELEASE /LIBPATH:"$L",3
4=0,0,,5
5=rsrc.obj,O,$B\CVTRES.EXE,rsrc.res
6=*.obj,O,$B\ML_vxd.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I",*.asm

0=TEXTVXD.rap
1=TEXTVXD.rc
2=TEXTVXD.asm
3=TEXTVXD.obj
4=TEXTVXD.res
5=TEXTVXD.exe
6=TEXTVXD.def
7=TEXTVXD.dll
8=TEXTVXD.txt
9=TEXTVXD.lib
10=TEXTVXD.mak
11=TEXTVXD.vxd

1=.Asm
2=.Def
3=.Inc

By the way, the source files exist in a different directory than the projects. I think it needs to have the path included so it can find them next time as well.
Posted on 2002-09-10 03:14:24 by sceptor
Hi sceptor

RadASM does not, at present, handle relative paths. All files added to the project must be in the project path.
If you really need relative paths you must manually edit the project file.

In your example I would guess:

1=..\OldProjectFolder\TEXTVXD.asm

This does however seem a little senseless to me. Are you shure this is what you want?

KetilO
Posted on 2002-09-10 03:58:42 by KetilO
Hell yes .... it would help me alot, as I have .asm files all over my HD that I want included in my project, and I don't want to have to take up more space on my (2.4 GB) HD, by copying the files to my radASM project folder ?!?!?!

I think you should add relative path support to radASM, or at least, code radASm in a way, so that if a person attempts to add a file at a relative path, radASM will copy the file to the projects folder, or move it.

Little things like this are what count ....
Posted on 2002-09-10 06:42:18 by Dracton
Dracton..
if I need other asm files which are already written, for a project i simply use include path\blah.asm, and let masm do the work. if i need to make changes to the file then I copy it to the roject folder first.
this is not ideal though because the properties window won't include content from the file.
Posted on 2002-09-10 07:13:51 by MArtial_Code
Actually what I expected was for RadASM to allow me to locally copy the source file from where ever it was located, and then use it in the "new" working directory. Or allow me to use it in it's existing directory.

I did try prepending the full path to the files name under , RadASM showed the files path in the project tree, but still couldn't find them to open them when double clicked.

Another thought in case you consider adding this type of file access, give the option to hide the paths in the project tree. Maybe show the filename with a + to open a child that shows the full path when applicable. And of course the option to locally copy the source file instead of just linking to the file.

Regards,
Sceptor
Posted on 2002-09-10 09:56:56 by sceptor