I have written two programs that now I would like to combine into one program. I have two inc files and two asm files. What is the best way to go about this? I read Iczelion's tut on DLL's and I was wondering if maybe I should make one of these programs into a dll. Is anything to be gained by doing this way? Or is better to just cut and paste and fix up the inc files so variables don't conflict?
Either way I think this is going to be a big unpleasant job cuz one asm file is 150 kb and the other is about 100 kb.

Anybody has any ideas or suggestions much appreciated.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2001-08-26 11:16:04 by czDrillard
You could try to encapsulate the conflicting parts by making those section private - only the interfacing code between the two programs should be public. Then just compile them into separate object files and let the linker sort it out. :) It's very good to practise object orientated concepts at this level - it's an abtraction layer that is built into the process.

See Chapter 8 of the MASM programmers reference Posted on 2001-08-26 11:25:38 by bitRAKE
Thanx bitRAKE,

That's a method I never thought about using, I got MASM reference so I'll be busy reading for next little while.
Btw nice web site with something interesting there for everyone.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2001-08-27 07:58:32 by czDrillard
Thomas has built a tool for this purpose (as i understand it anyways), he uses it alot in his work and is offered on his web page... It may save you a bit of work..

Here is his page...

Hope it helps..
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2001-08-28 13:47:12 by NaN
Thanx for the link NaN. I'm browsing Thomas pages and sure to find some thing helpful here.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2001-08-29 19:26:16 by czDrillard