Have tried http://radasm.visualassembler.com/

Seems to be down.....

Also read a post that development for the product has stopped.

Is someone going to continue to work on the product ?

Where can I volunteer ?
Posted on 2002-10-28 17:24:45 by bitwise
Ok.. the site is up now... Great IDE.

I would still like to volunteer.

I was trying to assemble the AviPlay Project and ran into some problems.

the following files were not found :

include windows.inc
include kernel32.inc
include user32.inc
include Comctl32.inc
include gdi32.inc

where can I find these include files ?

Thank you.
Posted on 2002-10-28 18:56:26 by bitwise
You'll have to download masm32 first, you can download that from Hutches-- site... go to the masm32 forum and look for any post by Hutch-- and click on the "www" button in that post... install it. After that, RadASM should work fine.

Of course, RadASM should be in C:\ also... as should masm32...

BTW: I host radasm on my server... I gave him the space since it was needed, and the 2-5 GB bandwidth/mo. Sometimes they take down the site for maintenance (the same web servers as this board, actually)...

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-10-28 23:22:45 by _Shawn
Hi bitwise

Development of RadASM has in no way stopped.

You can partissipate in the project by creating addins and custom controls.
There is a need for an addin to convert .rc or .res files to .dlg files. A large project tho.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-10-29 07:28:02 by KetilO
Has the project already been started, and if so is there a CVS server to obtain the lastest source ?
Posted on 2002-10-29 16:01:35 by bitwise
Hehe, assembly programmers don't use CVS. :-)
They never make backups and lose all the files in disk crash. :)
Honestly, it would be good question to know who actually uses a VCS system here ?
Posted on 2002-10-29 16:04:57 by JCP
CVS? What is that??? :grin:
Posted on 2002-10-29 16:08:53 by Tomasz Grysztar
I use Visual Source Safe and Borland TeamShare...

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-10-29 16:25:08 by _Shawn
Visual Source Safe is cool, have that too. Use it more than CVS.

So who is leading the project ?
Posted on 2002-10-29 22:48:00 by bitwise
Actually most programming here is quite informal. I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone using CVS or SourceSafe for a assembler project... but of course that may be my fault :)

Anyway, as KetilO said, noone has started work on that addin yet. If you're referring to the RadASM project, of course KetilO is in charge of that. However, it's entirely his project and so far he has done everything himself. I'm sure many people would be willing to help him if he asked for it, but it remains to be seen if that would speed up the project or actually slow him down. Also, KetilO has not (yet?) released the source code for RadASM.

What you can do is create addins for RadASM. The RadASM Addin format is pretty wel documented, look at the source code for the FlipCase addin for an example.
Posted on 2002-10-30 01:04:48 by Qweerdy
hi, easy to find it, and download it; but it does not work properly with riched20.dll

ian
Posted on 2002-11-01 02:32:13 by ian__woo