I have the same problem with the app. Only a white screen appears. I debugged it and it fails when it tries to navigate to the webpage in '/html'. Everything else goes fine (as far as I can see). The 'coinvoke navigate' returns 0x80004005. I don't have this problem with the C++ Browser app and I don't see any relevant differences in the code between the C++ version and the MASM version that could cause this problem.

I run Win98SE with IE 5.00.2614.3500.
Posted on 2001-10-01 06:00:34 by gliptic
gliptic,

read this thread carefully and you may find something.

japheth
Posted on 2001-10-01 07:10:43 by japheth
I have already read through this post carefully. It doesn't work. I can't find any new versions of this app either.
Posted on 2001-10-01 08:11:32 by gliptic
Hi All,

I have'nt forgot about the the SDK. Lately, I've been really, really
busy. I promise I'll post an update this week. The problems with
Win98SE have been solved in the update.

Sorry again for the delay...:(

Xtreme
Posted on 2001-10-01 08:42:43 by Xtreme
Works fine on my system, too:

Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000
Posted on 2001-10-01 18:07:26 by bazik

Hi All,

I have'nt forgot about the the SDK. Lately, I've been really, really
busy. I promise I'll post an update this week. The problems with
Win98SE have been solved in the update.

Sorry again for the delay...:(

Xtreme

It has been >30 days since your last post on this topic, any progress?
Posted on 2001-11-03 16:25:54 by SFinegan
Hey SFinegan,

There has been major progress with the SDK, but the files are
scattered between home and work.

I'll get them together and upload soon, I promise...

Thanks for your patience!
Posted on 2001-11-05 08:33:32 by Xtreme
maybe i'm missing something but where do i get the code? didn't see an attachment in the thread.

thx,
grv
Posted on 2001-11-14 23:05:11 by grv575
I'm getting the idea that attachments on old posts are removed... I recenly looked up a very old post and there the attachment was removed though.. I may be wrong though.

Thomas
Posted on 2001-11-15 01:48:50 by Thomas
yeah it looks that way. is there any site to get this sdk? I checked some search engines and didn't come up with anything..
Posted on 2001-11-15 13:23:04 by grv575
Ok... Im now offically the 1000th person to "veiw", or should i say, "re-view" this post. (and the 30th reply :) ). So my question is.... We'rez the progress report?? :grin:, sorry to be anxious but the origional preview was 1 hell of a tease....

NaN
Posted on 2001-11-24 16:15:07 by NaN
Xtreme:

Could you please post the browser.zip attachment again ? it seems to be missing in the post.
Posted on 2001-12-04 08:16:22 by WinCC
Just want to keep this posting on top :D

Looking forward to the next release
fxcb
Posted on 2001-12-19 13:08:45 by fxcb
10 days has passed and the thread's going lower on the list ;)

Anyway, what really impressed me about the browser is the absence of flicker when you resize the window. Anyone who's got VC++, try to make an MFC app with HTMLView. (you know, click-click-click, then choose CHTMLView as base class). You'll get yourself an instant "custom" web browser. Now, compile and run it and try resizing the window. It flickers! Terrible. Compare that with Xtreme's control :)

.pix
Posted on 2001-12-28 16:08:12 by pixelwise
All works fine on my Pc : win98se + .ie 5.5
i test it by searching some words in google.com without a problem :-)

Now i have some questions if you would be so nice to answer them ;-)

Is it allowed from microsoft to use this way ?
i mean can all code a own browser and spread them out by using your way ?

where can i find : oaidl.inc + component.inc ?

by using google on oaidl.inc i get 3 results
by using component.inc i found tons of "component inc" firms :(

sorry if i miss a line where you answer this questions allready.
since im a newbie i dont know how hard your work exactly was ,but im shure it take a long way !
so for me it looks like a great job ;-)

have a nice weekend
Posted on 2002-01-05 05:01:24 by Max
Is it allowed from microsoft to use this way ? i mean can all code a own browser and spread them out by using your way ?

here's what the MS License says, which makes me glad my parents didn't force me to go to law school :grin:
blah blah blah

I didn't read the whole thing ;) l but I think there's no problem if your users already have IE installed. If they don't, then you have to redistibute the control and that's when the License applies.

But, I may be wrong. At least I'm keeping this thread on top :grin:

.pix
Posted on 2002-01-05 07:00:55 by pixelwise
Xtreme hasn't replied/posted on this message board since Nov. 5, I do hope he is well.
Posted on 2002-01-05 20:45:17 by SFinegan
(THIS) page appears to list the address and phone number of his company - you could give him a call. :grin:
Posted on 2002-01-05 21:16:55 by bitRAKE
There is zero liability to a developer in reusing any component or dll or resource that is already residing on a computer.

Period.

So it's cool to reuse anything you think is already out there.

The strictest restriction I've ever seen is MS asks you give them 'about screen credit' when reusing their script engines. I'm sure the only peanality that would ever be issued if you ignore this is you would have to recode your about screen.

The only problem comes in redistributing these dll or resources. It is true MS grants a free redistribution license, even a freebie SDK to customise MSIE to your taste. This is mostly intended for ISP's to make MSIE into something seemingly 'integrated' and special to the ISP (kinda like what AOL did to Netscape).

You would only need such a licence if you were including MSIE with your assy app. Now since your app would be a few hundred K at most, and MSIE is about 20 megs...

Hey, just tell em to first install MSIE themselves.
Posted on 2002-01-06 00:00:43 by Ernie
Thanks for the answers :-)

but where can i find : oaidl.inc + component.inc ?
if you all dont have it ,how do you use the source then ?

Thanks
Posted on 2002-01-06 03:06:14 by Max